Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 01-21-2007, 01:59 AM
creiss
Fire Beetle

Default Quests dead?

Hey all,

It seems that I can hail npcs when i am close by (very, VERY close) and they even read the appropiate line from the .pl file. If i change the hail text in the .pl file and reloadpl, it also gets updated. I tried the cleric 1.0 epic quest (lord bergurgles crown handin) in lake rathe. The npc shmendrik responds to hail, but only drool when I hand him the crown. Same for the assembled pearlescent shard in firestorm.

I searched this forum and most people had a problem with check_handin.pl,
but the file is present, chmoded 755, and resides in

[server root]/quests/plugins/check_handin.pl

Using pecl.

-Chris.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:42 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

summon the item and make sure its ID number matches the one in the quest. It might not be looking for the correct item number for handin.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 AM
creiss
Fire Beetle

I doubled checked that, npc just stands there, drooling.

I went down in lake rathe to kill bergurgwhatshescalled, got his crown, went to shemdrik, gave shemdrik the crown (after hail), same.

Tried the same with summoning, nada.

Help me jebus!

-Chris.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:33 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

OK, since we have verified that the quest is correct now. That's one possible error down. Can you attempt any other quest with handins to see if they work? This way we can verify it is the handin code itself and not something in the way it is called.

Sorry if this seems like a runaround, but I like to make sure what is the exact problem before I try to fix things. I have messed up enough quests by changing the wrong error before.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

I think the problem that for some reason, the quests directory contains plugins when you unzip the quest download. The plugins directory should not be in the quest directory, it should be at same level. So when unzip you get:

[server root]/quests/plugins

should be:

[server root]/quests
[server root]/plugins

just move the plugins directory out of quests.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

As per this thread? Sorry if that was your error, as I assume everyone does that now days.

And we know what happens when one assumes...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I do not believe Epic 1.0 quests are 100% completed. When I first played with the eqemu, I was finishing the Cleric epic - and started there with Schmendrick, Spirit of Flame, and Natasha. Some changes had to be made, unfortunately I lost my changes in a bizarre reformatting of my linux server (i swear I did not say 'ok')

It's quite possible the quests are not working. Try some other lesser quest where a hand-in is required. See if the code works at all.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

Yes, that post covered it bufferofnewbies. That was not the post I had found to resolve it for me, but is the same answer. Took me about a week to resolve as I had setup a quest directory in EMU_ROOT as specified but was not aware that the contents of said folder were supposed to come from the quest zip file having been put in the wrong directory for the emu.

Any chance they could be repackaged in quests zip file, or alternatively a readme in the quest zip file saying to move it yourself to EQEMU_ROOT, or as a third possibility, the setup instructions could be changed to say to move that directory.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
creiss
Fire Beetle

Thanks for all the replies, and sorry for my late one.
I haven't been feeling well, and thus haven't had time to check things out. Tomorrow, however, I will.

Thanks,
-Chris.