Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

Default No servers in List

I have read and i have seen that many have had this problem.. i too have had it in the past and was fixed by running the launcher than rebooting. I was playing last night and my PC crashed. when i loaded it back up could not see servers. since than i have done everything. fresh install, checked firewall settings, reset router to default settings, tried the multi core fixes resolution settings.. i ran Duxa's and eqemulauncher lets me login just no servers in list please someone help.

Im running AMD Phenom 2 6core
25mb cable connection
Windows 7 64

I never had a prolonged issue with this until now i doubt it's my ISP as i said was running fine with no real issues up to now but my isp is Rogers Cable
Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Reboot your modem and router.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

I guess you missed the part where i said i did that already.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I was just trying to help. I didn't see anything about rebooting your modem in your post, and resetting router to default settings may of may not be different than powering it off and on.

I'll let you fix it yourself from here.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Ganedar
Fire Beetle

it's an issue with your connection. any sort of hiccup will prevent the serverlist from showing so make sure your bandwidth isnt being consumed elsewhere.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:40 AM
helman
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganedar View Post
it's an issue with your connection. any sort of hiccup will prevent the serverlist from showing so make sure your bandwidth isnt being consumed elsewhere.
AKA: Bit torrent, IM's, downloads. I always found it better to close things like that out when playing EQEMU, as servers are all over the usa.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

My router and modem are 1 unit i have reset it atleast 20 times. My roomate also plays and he can logon from his PC np and i have nothing running in the background when i play. I'm really not sure what else to do. thanks for the reply's so far.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM
helman
Sarnak

This is a dumb question but what client you running?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

By Client do you mean Titanium ? if so thats what im running
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
helman
Sarnak

Ok. Another dumb question. ( have to rule out everything.) is your eqhost set to Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998 ?

Last edited by helman; 08-16-2011 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by helman View Post
Ok. Another dumb question. ( have to rule out everything.) is your eqhost set to Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998 ?

Yes it is.

*Update.*
i was able to get in earlier at lunch logged off now back from work and I can't logon. I did nothing different.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
helman
Sarnak

The only other thing I can say is disable anti-virus, or run as admin if your on Vista or win 7.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Nerosys
Fire Beetle

I am at a loss i have done everything. i even reformatted my C drive just to be sure everything is clean nothing running in background . have flushed my dns, reset router/modem to default. no viruses anyone able to point me in some type of direction please im dying here.