Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:22 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

nm got it worked out

Last edited by tancor; 06-07-2005 at 07:46 AM..
Old 06-06-2005, 05:31 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Okay, i editted out the patch thing, didnt realise. Thanks alot for letting me know Belf, i see your posts everywhere, you are very informative! And there were quite a few files that were updated on 5/11. I havent gotten it to work yet with the newest patch.

As for the command.pl aparently its an unnecisary file and you can create a blank one if you wish. The PEQ guys told me its not needed... I tried what they said and it just gave me another error. So im not going to bother posting what it was.

Also, if someone else is new to this like me... You need to eb careful when you are in zones like AkAnon, Dragon Necropolis, Veeshans Peak, and Sleepers Tomb... You will get a ton of errors from zone.exe in regards to petstruct not being redefined... And if you click abort it will basically LD you from the zone.

Hope the guide works for everyone else, really sorry about the patch thing. I didnt realise that was warez or whatever...

Last edited by iwantavr4; 06-07-2005 at 02:02 AM..
Old 06-07-2005, 02:46 AM
keerwen
Fire Beetle

went through the guide and came across a couple things last nite. a couple of the links when clicking on them open up a text doc. i tried saving it as an sql file and they come up errors when trying to source them.

http://www.projecteq.net/sql/altadv_vars-contents.sql -Alternate Advance Contents from PEQ
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/....1.zip?download -Minilogin 6.1
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....ert.sql?rev=1.2 -Upgrades EQEmu items from 60dr2-61dr1
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....sql?rev=1.1.2.1 -upgrades something in database
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....CFG.SQL?rev=1.2 -something else in database

those are the ones. was wondering if i'm just doing something wrong with those. also atm i'm coming up with a connection failed 10061 error for world.exe. i deleted everything once already to start over thinking maybe i missed a step or something and am still getting the same error. any advice would be cool.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:28 AM
sylverwolf
Sarnak

hmmm. so thats what that error is. i came across it in lake of ill omen and had to manually put my char back in SFG through the DB. i guess its one certain kind of pet (since i couldn't see any when i got the error) i went all through seb with chanter pets and wizzie familiars with no prob. so until there's a fix, guess we need to avoid those places :\
Old 06-07-2005, 06:44 AM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Quote:
went through the guide and came across a couple things last nite. a couple of the links when clicking on them open up a text doc. i tried saving it as an sql file and they come up errors when trying to source them.
The reason its happening is when you save them you are actually saving them as .sql.txt. When you right cilck to save them, make sure in the 'save as type' box, you click 'All Files' as well as making sure that the File Name: has a .sql at the end. You are basically saving them as text files if you save them default. This is how IE works, not an error with the writeup or the script...

Quote:
hmmm. so thats what that error is. i came across it in lake of ill omen and had to manually put my char back in SFG through the DB. i guess its one certain kind of pet (since i couldn't see any when i got the error) i went all through seb with chanter pets and wizzie familiars with no prob. so until there's a fix, guess we need to avoid those places :\
I have found this to be specific to wizard pets, namely the uhmm... Sword one, i think its called like sword of xuxil, whenever wizards cast this pet it causes this error. I dont know if thats the only thing that causes it, but im pretty sure it has something specifically to do with wizard pets and th sword of xuzil or whatever. Ive killed their pets and had them remake it only to find the exact same error... If you alt-tab out when you hear the computer ding, you can usually hit I for ignore and keep playing no problems.

Changed the first post to be alittle more specific on how to download the SQL files, and which files you can download by right clicking.

Last edited by iwantavr4; 06-07-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Old 06-07-2005, 06:46 AM
tancor
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerwen

http://www.projecteq.net/sql/altadv_vars-contents.sql -Alternate Advance Contents from PEQ
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/....1.zip?download -Minilogin 6.1
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....ert.sql?rev=1.2 -Upgrades EQEmu items from 60dr2-61dr1
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....sql?rev=1.1.2.1 -upgrades something in database
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....CFG.SQL?rev=1.2 -something else in database
The SQL files, alternate advance, eqemu items upgrade, upgrades something in db, something else in db - those links, just right click and save target as and it will pop up a window with most likely the file name that is correct and save it somewhere to find it.

Minilogin should bring up a page with mirrors to download from.

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Lagartijoo
Fire Beetle

Hi guys,this tutorial is really great,but i got the next problem :p
When im on the server selection screen i see no servers,all worked fine on the world,boot5zones and minilogin,when i log into the server screen selection i see on the minilogin i get one client,so that is working fine.
My Eqhost.txt of my Everquest directory is:

[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999

LOGINSERVER.INI

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginserver2=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=-------------
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

DB.INI

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=*******
password=*******
database=eq

BOOT5ZONES.BAT

start zoneperl . 127.0.0.1 8780 127.0.0.1
start zoneperl . 127.0.0.1 8781 127.0.0.1
start zoneperl . 127.0.0.1 8782 127.0.0.1
start zoneperl . 127.0.0.1 8783 127.0.0.1
start zoneperl . 127.0.0.1 8784 127.0.0.1
exit
cls

Any sugestions plz?on the world.txt i can see i get logged on the loging server correctly,but on the server selection i see no servers,plz help

Last edited by Lagartijoo; 06-07-2005 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
tancor
Fire Beetle

First question is are you playing on the same computer as the server is on, and in the databaase file, in accounts, did you set the minilogin_ip to 127.0.0.1?

-T
Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 PM
iamjooish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverwolf
and how'd you do that? I got a similar problem with trake's teeth except mine's more of a opcode/database thing... says character is in emerald jungle when I select and upon entry my toon immediately zones to Teeth except I can't zone to save my bum because of opcode stuff
Old 06-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Lagartijoo
Fire Beetle

I host and play from the same pc

MiniloginAccounts.ini

# Max 200 lines total (including comments and blank lines)
# Blank lines may mess up the line # reported in error messages
81.9.208.65 account password

On the account password i have to put my eqemu account?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:24 AM
sylverwolf
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjooish
and how'd you do that? I got a similar problem with trake's teeth except mine's more of a opcode/database thing... says character is in emerald jungle when I select and upon entry my toon immediately zones to Teeth except I can't zone to save my bum because of opcode stuff
i just did #zone sebilis. none of the clicky ports i tried worked so i didn't even bother doing the run
Old 06-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Only couple things I could see Lgar is in your miniloginsaccount.ini use the same 127.0.0.1 as the rest and yes you use the name/pass that you will log into the game with. Also does you eqhost.txt file say 127.0.0.1:5999 aswell?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:36 AM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Quote:
Hi guys,this tutorial is really great,but i got the next problem
When im on the server selection screen i see no servers,all worked fine on the world,boot5zones and minilogin,when i log into the server screen selection i see on the minilogin i get one client,so that is working fine.
Ive had my server not show up, and restarted my EQ client and then it is there... Maybe try that first. After that i would make sure that youre launching the world.exe after you launch minilogin, and check to see on both programs(minilogin and world.exe) that you show a connection to the other. There should be a message stating the connection between the two. If not you might have other problems.

I dont have a miniloginacounts.txt or whatever, im not sure wehre it would go or whats supposed to be in there honestly. So i cant comment on that, mine worked completely without it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Grim
Fire Beetle

I've been reading for a few days.. and im closer than i've been in about 2 years to getting this up and running. I don't have any errors with mini/world/boot zones except a plugin one for perl. I'm stuck at logging in to server right at beginning of game.. Eqhost is 127.0.0.1:5999 and loginserver

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=abcdefghijklmno
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

currently.. about my 9th combination trying my local ip.. localhost and 127.0.0.1 i shouldn't worry about bootzones until i see my server correct?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Lagartijoo
Fire Beetle

Yeah cala i got 127.0.0.1:5999 on eqhost and all the others files,but still dont see my server on the server selection screen :/