Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 AM
secondattack
Sarnak

Default warrior player with clr bot.

i play a warrior, i have a clr bot in tow. if i leave the bot on follow, he melees with me and never heals.. if i make him guard he does nothing.. how do i correct this? atm we are level 5
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Congdar
Developer

unfortunately the new ai is lacking. i only get half the buffs from a cleric bot spell list, even with full mana. bot guard means 'don't attack'. bot follow is best.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
secondattack
Sarnak

Oh, okay.. well knowing is half the battle=) thnx.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondattack View Post
i play a warrior, i have a clr bot in tow. if i leave the bot on follow, he melees with me and never heals.. if i make him guard he does nothing.. how do i correct this? atm we are level 5
Monk with Cleric bot.
Is your bot grouped with you? I dont use follow or guard, I just spawn the bot and invite. She fights and heals until she gets a bunch of spells and then tends to only cast and not fight anymore. Works for the most part.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
secondattack
Sarnak

i have been looking at it a little closer, and he seems to be healing me with effect on the blackstar, mace of the night that i twinked him with.. do i have to give him spells to mem or some thing? we are level 10 now and i still haven't seen him cast a single spell, aside for item effects.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Make sure you are doing a #bot update everytime you level. This will auto level your bot to match your level. It also levels when you give them items. Spells are automatically gained per the database settings as they level. Your bot should con white to you, if not then do the update command.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
bad_captain
Developer

I assume this is on a private server? Make sure the bot_spells.sql file is sourced in. Check the npc_spells table for id 701, and npc_spells_entries table with npc_spells_id = 701. Those are the spells for clerics.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
unfortunately the new ai is lacking. i only get half the buffs from a cleric bot spell list, even with full mana.
I've been working on this and have made a little progress, but still see room for improvement. I've also added in spell recast timers. It helps them cycle through their spells instead of getting spells like ferine avatar or divine favor cast on everyone after every fight. I think the issue is more prevalent when you already have some buffs, and the bot keeps trying to cast the same buffs and not getting to later spells in their list. This sometimes works itself out after fighting once or twice, but sometimes they just don't rebuff when they should. I keep getting frustrated trying to debug this and usually end up working on other things.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:58 PM
secondattack
Sarnak

Quote:
bot_spells.sql
thats news to me and makes perfect sense now.. where can i find this SQL file?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Congdar
Developer

you don't need it anymore since it's now in the database
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Congdar
Developer

but here's a link to it anyway
http://www.cerebus.net:8080/files/do.../botspells.zip
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
secondattack
Sarnak

well my caster's still do not cast, i have checked npc_spells and npc_spells_entries, i see the bot rows in the npc_spells table, but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for on the other. using server 1843 and DB 1751 with all updates in the update folder ran, it seems that
this post and mine are very much alike..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32995
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondattack View Post
well my caster's still do not cast, i have checked npc_spells and npc_spells_entries, i see the bot rows in the npc_spells table, but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for on the other. using server 1843 and DB 1751 with all updates in the update folder ran, it seems that
this post and mine are very much alike..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32995
Circular references in posts. Excellent. =)

I added a bunch of debug output and I'll be testing it tonight to see what turns up. I also added some code so that Enchanters will be able to cast illusions on players as a test case (and because it wasn't there yet).

I should know more tonight after I get home and dig into this some more.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
secondattack
Sarnak

i was just reading that the server build could be the case so i downloaded ran and tested on EQEmu-Rev1771-Bots.zip which lead me to believe thats in a DB issue, gonna back up a few custom npc tables and stuff then try rebuilding my DB with a slightly older version, see what happens, so far i'm just at a loss, and if i had any hair i'd be pulling it out =p
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerath View Post
Circular references in posts. Excellent. =)
I also added some code so that Enchanters will be able to cast illusions on players as a test case (and because it wasn't there yet).
The code was in there, but was changed to only be cast by #bot command because people got tired of being turned into scarecrows..