Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 AM
creiss
Fire Beetle

Default LDON Adventures

Hello all,

I wanted to inquire the status of LDONS adventure system.
I searched the forum but most of the replies were from 2004 and maybe 2005.
A lot may have changed during that time.

Any "news"?

-Chris.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:58 AM
mattmeck

nothing has changed, they dont work like live.

The zones are there, you can go to them, you can spawn them.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Only 1 LDoN from each type appears to have spawns set (maybe 2). And from my testing, I cannot get an Adventure assigned to my group no matter what. This will be a welcome addition when it's completed.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
creiss
Fire Beetle

I spent 7 hours straight now playing with eq.

I am really surprised how advanxed this server is.
At parts I would not be able to tell original from emulator. Kudos!

-Chris.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Mattmeck is correct. As of EQEmu version 0.7.0-944 (our current build for all you n00bz), the server has no significant support for LDoN and no support at all for zone instancing. At one point I heard a rumor that FNW may be working on adding this system to the code, but I could be wrong. Right now we are PEQ are focused on finishing Luclin and then the Epic v1.0. After that, we will complete PoP and LoY. Once we get PoP going and if no one else has implemented zone instancing and the other features required to support LDoN, then I will take it on this coming summer.

I for one, loved the LDoN expansion so I have a lot of personal interest in seeing this getting implemented, but I also think it is a great expansion for our community since all our servers have smaller populations and LDoN really did a great job or providing quality content to smaller groups of players.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Was thinking of the instancing problem, and figured I might chime in.... I'm not a C++ Programer, I just do database work, but I was thinking, what if we make duplications of the zones(Note) and have a dynamic zoneline, for example...

(This is all changed starting with step 1, but this idea may be more viable for non LDoN quest related instances)

You have Guk1, Guk2, Guk 3,..., Guk'X'.

When a player hits the zoneline there is a script, be it quest or hardcoded that says something along the lines of a checklevel,

If level < 5 goto Guk1, Else
If level <10 goto Guk2, Else
If level <15 Goto Guk3, Else
If level <5X goto GukX

This is obviously just an idea, For LDoN's specifically you could tie the dynamic zone to a tag on a dynamic quest, example;

Step 1:

you get an adventure quest and it essentially just flags you with a 2 piece code, for simplicity say it is 4A (obviously you'd need to figure out how many combinations to see if you really need, say, a 6 character string for this idea)

Step 2:

The character runs to where the script code told him to when it assigned his flag (goto guk young grasshoppa!), and hits the zoneline;

Script goes off saying...

If "First_string_code" < 1, goto Guk1, Else
If "First_string_code" < 2, goto Guk2, Else
If "First_string_code" < 3, goto Guk3, Else
If "First_string_code" < X, goto GukX, Else

This will say which of the unique zones to go into...

Step 3:

Ok, now (in theory) You're in the correct zone, now to pop the right type of quest and the right level (collection, kill all, boss kill)

If "Second_String_Code" = A, spawn "Collection_Quest_Instance"
If "Second_String_Code" = B, spawn "Kill_Everything_Instance"
If "Second_String_Code" = C, spawn "Kill_Boss_Instance"

That way the first string pops you into the right Zone, the second one pops the right kind of quest and the right level of zone in terms of LDoN specifically... I'd imagine allowing a dynamic quest-script based zone-line would have unimaginable possibilities, especially for those that want to put together truely customizable servers, so doesn't seem like the work would be wasted on just a few instanced zones throughout the game... But like I said, I'm not a C++ Programmer so I don't know how hard this would be to integrate, so I just thought I'd throw it out there as brain candy.

(Note) I know there are already duplicate zones for all the LDoN zone's but I'm under the impression that these are actually unique zones in terms of physical design and setup, not duplications of one another... a true 'duplication' may not be necessary, I suppose you could tie the two strings together to spawn both the right kind of quest as well as the right level, Like I said I am just kind of brain dumping to get some ideas out there.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Only 1 LDoN from each type appears to have spawns set (maybe 2). And from my testing, I cannot get an Adventure assigned to my group no matter what. This will be a welcome addition when it's completed.
Bet'cha I could get one to work with what we have now - trick is to get multiple instances of the same zone to work for individual groups(not to mention popping them with npc's within the pc level -range).
We already have a big portion of the temp zone we'd make accomplished with eqemus' "dynamic zone" system.
I can see it will get done one day - just there many more things that need to get fixed before that; we still have to detail a lot of the zones we have now, and code gets better all the time, but is still young. The more we spread our work out into more zones, the slower everything will get, because there's not too many people doing this work.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Just a thought, but isn't Gloomingdeep supposed to be instanced? New player, all alone, doing the zone? If so, maybe that'd be something simpler to start playing with instancing (while waiting for the official word from the Big Kahuna).
Old 01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Wizardanim
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Just a thought, but isn't Gloomingdeep supposed to be instanced? New player, all alone, doing the zone? If so, maybe that'd be something simpler to start playing with instancing (while waiting for the official word from the Big Kahuna).

Gloomingdeep is instanced... the first zone (tutoriala) (quest being, open a few doors... kill a gnoll or two, simple such) The second zone (tutorialb) which imo is also considered gloomindeep, isnt instanced. Tons of fr00bs and low lvl players runnin around finnishing initial quests untill being ported to primary cities.