Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Priime12
Fire Beetle

Default Update patcher?

Ok well i can loggin to server select now but i noticed the non-legit servers are gone now, i hope that only has to do with live screwing up eqemu. but when i go to log on to a server i get the update patcher error, but not sure if i should update since patching is bad heh. any ideas would be helpful thx.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Priime12
Fire Beetle

It has been a day and I am still getting Error 1017 when I go to try and log ino a server, I would like to play the emulator so any help with this problem would be apreciated.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priime12
It has been a day and I am still getting Error 1017 when I go to try and log ino a server, I would like to play the emulator so any help with this problem would be apreciated.
All I can say is use system restore..You must have patched somehow..But dont expect system restore to work 100%.
I used it and my Merchant windows are unusable.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Priime12
Fire Beetle

Is there a way when patching eq to avoid patching the latest patch? If i were to reinstall eq could i only install so much as to not get the latest patch so i could get the emulation to work.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:40 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The patcher will always patch you to the latest version since there's no reason for an SOE eq player to have any other version.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Priime12
Fire Beetle

nm i got it

Last edited by Priime12; 05-20-2005 at 03:10 AM..
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priime12
Ok well im not very computer smart here, where is the system restore program at so i can try and fix this problem i have, thx.
OK..But first you need to know that you needed to have a working(live) and patched version going before say like May 11. Maybe even a few days before that.If not there will be nothing to restore to. Also this is for Win XP.

Blah..I think Windows changed something on me since I added another HD to the system..But try this..Go to start menu. Find My computer. Right click and
select system properties..There will be a tab for system restore there..Hopefully you can restore back to before May 11.

Note that this is a desparate trick. Im not recommending it except in case of emergency.. Its far better to just wait patiently for a compatible version. Keep active reading the forums and new posts to know when the next version becomes available.
EDIT>
He he..Thats what I get for taking an hour to reply..
Old 05-28-2005, 11:41 PM
iamjooish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
OK..But first you need to know that you needed to have a working(live) and patched version going before say like May 11. Maybe even a few days before that.If not there will be nothing to restore to. Also this is for Win XP.
next version becomes available.
EDIT>(Soonandsoforth)
THank you thankyou thank you. Because of using system restore in combination with my original evolution '.exe and various restore 'checkpoints' I've finally managed to get past the login screen. WHich I hope means I've fixed all patching issues so this may be a bit premature.

Just some advice I might add from my experiences... Be absolutely sure to zip up your current EQ install and uninstall it afterwards. You'll want to keep the zip because the Restore feature may require a little mixing and matching from installations. (one restoration I did had no dds's, s3ds, .txts, subfolder contents, etc.) also putting the contents of \everquest at various restore points will allow you to extract the contents without risking overwriting prepatch copies of files you want to keep, and vice versa. Hope that makes sense...
Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 PM
iamjooish
Banned

as an addendum, THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO REVERT TO A VERSION OF EQ BEFORE THE 5/11 PATCH BESIDES SYSTEM RESTORE AND FILE BEGGING SOMEONE WITH THE DECEMBER PATCH, YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING... and I mean obsessively :p because it's still considered warez to link to a source of pre-5/11 files.

You might, in fact, be surprised how close by a working solution is