Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, went into the DB and found norent returns either
0,1 or 255. Now I'm confused.
If norent=0 or 1 then it should display NORENT=NO
If norent=255 then it should display NORENT=YES

is that correct?

Code:
 select id,name,norent from items order by norent asc
also

Code:
 select norent,COUNT(name) from items group by norent
norent count
0       849
1       40952
255    20467

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

Last edited by GeorgeS; 07-14-2008 at 07:44 AM..
Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

baiscly one the numbers is redundant i belive that both 1 and 255 means RENT (=normal item)

and 0 means NO RENT

easy check for this is:

a Summoned Arrow (well known NO RENT item) field value is = 0
and simple Cloth Cape is = 255

i belive i read somewhere on the forums that ANY values greater than 0 for RENT check automaticly redundant with 1, the field should have been a binary one but somehow was made an integer and was left like that - mayby cuase thats how SOE had it

in short, your program shoudl read as following:

0 - no rent? - YES
1 or 255 - - no rent? - NO
Old 07-14-2008, 12:56 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok thanks - got it and updated the tool

GeorgeS

Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 AM
trevius
Developer

Wow GeorgeS! You have really outdone yourself this time Nice work!

For an initial release with this much work required, it is already surprisingly close to perfect. Of course, I have a few notes that I wanted to mention that you may want to consider taking a look at.

I also wanted to mention that I too was having the problem with trying to set the icons crashing the program. But, that was easily resolved by running the Register_OCX.bat file that came with this version. Worth noting for anyone who has that issue.

And, I think that leaving the Line Editor is a good idea, because it has the bottom scroll area that lets players edit any of the random or unknown fields that are not included in the new editor. Though, it would probably be very rarely if ever used.

List of minor issues I have found so far:

1. I think it might be useful to adjust how slots are chosen a bit. If it is possible, it would be nice if you could make the drop down box for selecting slots to have check mark fields. This would let you easily select multiple slots. As it is currently, you can only see the first slot that is chosen and this includes the view from the new edit window as well as from the main window for the Item Editor Tool. It is important to see all slots that the item is set to in at least 1 of those 2 places. Also, Deities may need to be setup in a similar way if possible.

2. When I click on the button to select Click Effects, it opens a window, but doesn't automatically load the spell list. I assume you made it that way so you could add a partial name search field so people could load up only what they were looking for or still have the option to load the entire list. That would be useful. I also wanted to mention that after I did Load the Spell List, I click the name Column to sort by name and found that for some reason, it put a bunch of blank rows at the top of the list and I had to scroll down a bit to get to where the actual spell list starts. Not sure what is causing that.

3. In the notes for the Cast Times/Charges Guide, you might want to add a note about Recast Delay being in seconds, since it isn't mentioned there. This might help remove any confusion since the cast times are in milliseconds and Recast Delay is just full seconds.

4. I was pleased to see that using the TAB key to switch between edit fields works nicely. Though, when I got to the section with Accuracy, Shielding, etc, I noticed that hitting TAB caused it to jump around to different fields that were not in the order I thought it should have gone in. If possible, it would be nice to have those in an order. It would also be awesome if using the TAB key to switch fields would also cause the selected field to select the text inside so that you could start typing without having to delete the text currently in that field. The Augments section has this same jumping around issue as well.

5. While testing, I clicked the Bag Type button and saw that it changed the field to a drop down box. Though, the box didn't have a "None" listed in it to set it back to none. I don't think this is very important really, since most people wouldn't even click that unless they were actually wanting to make a bag.

That is all I have found so far. All of them are fairly minor issues and some are more preference than issues even. Pretty amazing for an initial release if you ask me

I also wanted to mention that if you would like some custom buttons made for your tool(s), just let me know and I will start working on a set. If you can give me samples of all the buttons you would like designed, I can use those for dimensions to make new ones that can replace them so there is no code editing required. I tried looking through the resource folder in the eqitems folder for the image files that are used for the current buttons, but I could only find other sets of buttons and not the exact set that is currently in use. Not sure where it is pulling them from exactly. If I can figure that out, then I can make a set and test them out and then send them to you.

Here are some examples from a button set I made fully custom for a forum I used to run (so you can get an idea of what I can do):

I am pretty decent with Photoshop, so if there are any other things you would like adjusted or made for your tools, let me know and I will make time to get them done.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, GeorgeS!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

few sugestions.
on the MAIN window in item display section you may want to add 3 things:
Endurance, Endurance regeneration and NO RENT status.

In order to save space I sugest putign them in followign manner:

put NO RENT status info after LORE info
Put Hp, mana and Endurance on same line
Put HP Regen, Mana regen and Endur regen on the same line

note this is for Item Display for main window

and if posible make window itself controlable from a taskbar at the bottom - liek default close/minimize option - it used to have it few version ago
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
theeris23
Fire Beetle

How do you make an item usable in multiply slots? Everytime in the new editor I try to make a weapon primary and secondary, it uses the last one you entered.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

currently only one last slot selected is used. I'll have to code that in and will be in the next release.

GeorgeS

Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 AM
theeris23
Fire Beetle

Cool, thanks George! I though I was missing something!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:28 AM
trevius
Developer

Hey GeorgeS, I know your tool posts get pretty crowded, so I was wondering if you got a chance to see my post I made a few up from this on 7/15. Mostly just a few minor issues, but I figured you may have just missed the post. And, my offer to create buttons is still there if you want. I could even redo the background layout of the new editor if you ever wanted to move some of the fields around a bit. It wouldn't take me long at all. All I would need is a full size screenshot (or the actual tool) with the new field layout and I can over-lay a new background and position the boarders and stuff so they are all in the right place. The layout is good as it is, but I figured I would offer since you mentioned that part being kinda a pain when you first made the new tool.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Trevius - thanks for the sugestions. I did read the post and will incorporate some of those changes.

The field tab index is a done deal at this point because the property is hard coded and rewriting that would be tedious.

The background picture can be modified. I included the bitmaps in the resources folder. Have a look there and also at the "new_edit_screen.pspimage" paint shop pro file.

Buttons - well that's pretty hard because most of them are compiled as activeX controls (that I wrote), and some are just bitmaps. All buttons need to keep the eq feel as much as possible.

When you have new bitmaps/skins, then pm me with the links.

A newer version will be out soon.
Thanks,
GeorgeS

Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 AM
trevius
Developer

I got some new buttons started today. I should be able to finish them tomorrow as long as it doesn't get busy at work. I am using examples from T King UI look and EQ graphics to make them, so they should be just what you are looking for. I figure I will just give them the cool glossy look to make them stand out as buttons so that they don't blend into the background. I will also change the hue on them and make a separate set for pressed buttons.

I will make some cool radio buttons as well and some for minimize and closing the program.

I don't have paintshop pro, but I do have photoshop. So, I can't look at those PSP files, but I found another file that has the background for both the new edit and the main editor screen. Both of them look pretty good already, but I could maybe do a little bit more enhancing adjustments to them if you don't mind.

When looking through your background files, I see you have an alternative one that looks more like the actual EQ graphics with the blue background and gold trim. I could make an alternate set for those if you would want to check that out as well.

Not that the tool needs improvements in it's looks to make it work better, but since I am fairly good at it, I might as well contribute what I can.

One thing I was wondering is if you want me to keep the buttons in a BMP format, or if there was any other formats you could use to have them with transparent backgrounds? I can still make them rectangular and make them look like they are rounded corners, but if they can be transparent backgrounds, I could just leave the corners transparent.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 AM
trevius
Developer

The new editor seems to be working perfectly accept for 1 thing I have noticed so far. It is able to copy item lore from an existing item, but it will not save any changes to item lore descriptions. So, every time I copy an item, they all have the same lore description as the original item I copied and I can't change it with the new editor. Seems like you just need to add that to what gets saved.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I am not sure vb can use transparent bitmaps de-nuovo without installing a ocx to load it in. I would try to use bmp if possible as that loads in fine.
Thanks for your work in making buttons and graphics.

I fixed the lore issue and the current version has the bug fix.

Thanks
GeorgeS

Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Finally incorporated Trevius' buttons/skins. This was actually a big job due to the number of activeX controls which needed fixing.
Fixed a few minor things and updated the look to be a bit more eq-esque.

GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 08-08-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 AM
Weldarr
Sarnak

The bard skill values for instrument mods are not working. I have to manually go in and edit them with the old edit feature to put in the correct numbers.

Numbers should be:
23: Wind
24: String
25: Brass
26: Percussion
50: Singing
51: All Instruments

Also, would it be possible to make the slots for an item checkable/uncheckable similiar to how you have class/race feature set up?