Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

Default Nektulos Forest Zone Problem - Titanium

I've tried searching for this as suggested in another post on this site which said search for Nektulos Zone Problem and you will find lots of posts telling what's going on. The search returns half a dozen posts, his plus others complaining there were no posts to be found. Anyway,

When I took the PoK book to Neriak it took me to this wierd looking zone that was not at all what I remembered from live. I looked at the map and it showed a representation of the zone I was actually in and it was called Nektulos Forest. I went to the place marked Neriak on the map and there was an entrance there but it was a dead end, did not zone into Neriak. I went to the spot on the map marked Lavastorm and it looked like where you should zone but you could not. I ported back to PoK and went to lookup issue.

The only thing I could find suggested deleting the nektulos.eqg file which I did (well actually moved out of folder) and took PoK book to Neriak. This took me to the Nektulos I knew and I was able to go to the Neriak zonein and enter Neriak. After I completed my quest step there I gated back to PoK, then took book back to Nektulos Forest.

Lavastorm also has an eqg file so I deleted(moved) that and tried zoning into lavalstorm and promptly got consumed by lava. I had a druid buddy port me into Lavastorm and promptly got consumed by lava. So I restored the eqg file for lavastorm. This time when arrived in Lavastorm it was usable and I was able to zone into Najena and into Temple of SolRo which was in different spot from original. This shows that Lavastorm at least is setup to use the new zone layout. When going back to Nektulos Forest and zoning into the new Lavastorm I arrive fine.

So, the question is... Is Nektulos Forest supposed to be using the original zone and always use the original zone? In which case the setup instructions for titanium should say to delete Nektulos.eqg from the game folder, or is it also supposed to be altered to use the new version of the zone?

And although I haven't encountered them yet, are there any other zones with this issue I should be changing?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Now, some of the database are actually using the Nektulos.eqg file, so this makes a new delema; what database uses/or doesn't use Nektulos.eqg?
if you are a client logging into the peq server;

- you should have posted this question in the peq forums
but I think you need the Nektulos.eqg file in place

- if you have your own server and it's a newer peq version;
- you should have posted this question in the peq forums
you probably need the new map files for the Nektulos.eqg, although I don't see how this would make you go underground , there's more to it. like zone points, etc.

my unwanted opinion;
probably should have left Nektulos as it was; worked fine, everyone knew what they had to do, and it avoided more confusion.
quest::emote ("runs to his air raid shelter ...");
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Darkonig
Hill Giant

Thanks for the info Angelox. Posted question in PEQ forum.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Arag
Sarnak

this can be found on the projecteq page..
this wil fix the error

About new zones
I just wanted everybody to know the current status of PEQ's zones. As of now, we are setup for:

New Arena
New Bazaar
New Lavastorm
Original Nektulos

People with Titanium need not do anything for Arena, Bazaar, or Lavastorm. However, in order to get Nektulos to work you MUST do the following:

In your client's directory, find the file called nektulos.eqg. Rename it to nektulos.eqg.bak. There are several files called nektulos, so make sure you rename the correct one! That's it.

How do you know if you are using the correct zone? Simple, when you enter the zone you zone in safely. If you are out of the zone's geometry, or fall to your death you are using the wrong zone.

This zone configuration will remain in effect until I make a post saying otherwise
Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Yea, but the Public PEQ database they are downloading, is the one that uses the classic zones and not the newer eqg ones, unless they released the new PEQ db.
The announcement published at PEQ was probably for the players on the server
Old 12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
FlekradLive
Fire Beetle

Default Nektos fix

I recently found EQ emu and Project EQ, and am absolutely loving this..
I am using the unpatched Titanium version and had problems with Nektulos , and this fix worked 100% THANKS