Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Semedaien
Sarnak

Exclamation EverQuest Classic Progression

I'm currently working on a classic progression server similar to Vallon/Tallon Zek. The server is not up yet, but will be soon. I don't really have any help right now so if anyone would like to be apart of this please pm me. (I have 6/8 goals completed, so it should be out soon). The server will be PVE, not sure about making it Optional PVP. The EXP rate will be slow and there will be a slight bonus group exp.

Max Level = 50 (Pending on Expansion)
Experience Rate = 20% (may change)
Bonus Group Experience Rate = 25% (may change)
Experience / Corpse Loss = Level 10
Corpse Run = Activated
In-Game Map = Deactivade (Only Available most cities/some connected zones).
Level 1 - 20 Spell Merchants (Located in all starting towns/cities).
Level 21 - 40 and 41 - 50 Spell Merchants (Located in EC Tunnel).
Certain bosses must be defeated and a certain period of time must elapse, (5 - 6 months) before new expansion is activated. Final expansion activated will be Velious.

Extras
Downloadable classic interface.
Old Spell Effects (except on hands).
Old Zones
Old Models

Server Hardware

Pentium4 3.4ghz (2 cpu)
Crucial 2GB DDR2 240 Pin PC5400 Ram
Nvidia GeForce 7300GT PCI Express 16x 512MB DDR2

Temporary Internet Settings
1.3mb Downstream / .3mb Upstream
Online 24/7 - 99.5% Uptime

Future Internet (Starts towards the end of July 200
10mb Downstream / 8mb Upstream (Dedicated Line)
Online 24/7 - 99.9% Uptime

For more info please visit the website/forums:
Website
Forums
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
hobbe1991
Fire Beetle

nice i never had the chance to play classic eq =)
so this server gonna be awsome
Old 03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Semedaien
Sarnak

Nice I hope to see you soon, guarantee you will enjoy it.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Rathora
Fire Beetle

Im already on it on Rashen, and was *cough* helping pick out non-classic stuff *cough* Wow, must be something going around
Old 03-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

What will you be doing to differentiate from TZ/VZ? Is this non pvp?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Semedaien
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrang View Post
What will you be doing to differentiate from TZ/VZ? Is this non pvp?
  • Yes, this server is going to be non-pvp.
  • Using a different Database.
  • Exp rates and Hot Zones are completely different, exp is much lower.
  • As far as the Exp goes, takes about 5 or 6 hours to get from 1 - 10 soloing. Just all depends, but I do want this to take a while to level up. You shouldn't be able to become 50 within 2 weeks.
  • This server is going to be as close to live as possible, excluding the EQ Emu problems.
  • All Fear spells will be deleted until the feat paths are fixed and working, this will prevent a lot of fear/stun exploiting.
  • Spell Merchants are in different locations.
  • People are actually going to take up trade skills.
  • Each Progression is going to last at least 5 - 6 months no matter what. So if its completed then you still have to wait till the 5 - 6 month period is over; And if its not completed within the 5 - 6 month period then you have to wait for it to get completed.

Server is still in development but almost complete.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Nick
-Server OP-
Sleeper's EQClassic Progression Server
Website
Forums
When life hands you a river, build a bridge over it.
Don't Judge a Book by its Cover.

Last edited by Semedaien; 03-17-2008 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Forgot to answer the pvp question.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Rathora
Fire Beetle

Erm yes, I forgot to mention that as soon as you step onto the server, I will steal your soul and force you to join Vision. No seriously though, send me an app on the forums.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Verty3
Fire Beetle

So this server isn't up yet?

Looks like exactly what I'm looking for, is there an ETA?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:46 PM
riv
Fire Beetle

I'm definitely looking forward to this server. Your goals seem very similar to those of the eqclassic team.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Verty3
Fire Beetle

Yeah the two teams should hook up.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:59 AM
Semedaien
Sarnak

heh, would love to but i doubt they would....

Yes the server is up but in beta, we are planning on releasing it within this week, provided we accomplish our 4 main goals...

ip restriction
spell merchants
item merchants
coin drop
Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Semedaien
Sarnak

Unhappy Problems

Got some problems... not sure when this server is going to be up again because of the MQ2 and IP Blocking problem.

Everyone now knows that they can use MQ2 without getting caught because of what was said on Emu forums....

I am going to continue on with this project, but until we find a fix/anti-hack the server will not be up. Thank you all who have helped and still are. I appologise to those who had their hopes up. I will still remain active on the forums and if you have any questions or help offers please contact me.

Please remember, the dev team is only made up of 3 people (thats including me) and we only really have 2 working...

This project is going to take some time, again I am sorry for all of this. I hope you all understand.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semedaien View Post
Everyone now knows that they can use MQ2 without getting caught because of what was said on Emu forums....
You're wrong here, the ones who cheat here always have cheated, are cheating, and always will cheat - I just aired it out into the open in hopes someone might come up with solutions.
This is a big problem to EqEmu, bigger than any other EqEmu problem, as it ruins the game for anyone who would like to play legit. I know it's senseless /pointless to cheat in EqEmu, as the game is free, drops easy, leveling fast already. It's much more fun just to enjoy the game and play normal.
When you set your new server up, probably the first people that show up are the MQrs, because they probably already are banned/disliked/bored to death on older servers, and are trolling the new servers.
Example; If I had a legit character on PEQ Server that i really worked for, and had him at a high level, I would think hard before starting new in another server - on the other hand, it would great to go start 3-4 boxes on a new server with the first guild ever and "take over"; I've had the latter happen constantly on servers I've worked and maintained.
Your best solution will be to have good GMS you can trust and can watch for this. If you see accounts logging in with 2-3 ips the same, you would need to watch them , and see what they do. But don't think "same Ip" is the solution, because you can also remote-operate other accounts from other ip/cients with these hacks. The best you can do for now is learn to watch for it, and ban as needed.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Semedaien
Sarnak

Thank you angelox, your advice is helping me greatly... I've played your server, was a real active member, first to drop inny... but no1 played enough...

I have 2 other great people helping me with the Anti-Hack and IP stuff... we are trying to make a new client to use to connect to my server so that it opens an anti hack to detect mq.... if mq is detected, or any other third party programs, it will shut eq off. still in the works... will post any new info on it asap. Thank you again for the advice

<<< Deception from your forums<<<<
Old 03-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

Daxum has a pretty effective anti warp program from what I understand on the VZ/TZ server, known as Thelieka on here I believe. I've been on his server since December and it appears to be debugged, use to set off a lot of false positives in it's early stages.