Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Pdogg102391
Fire Beetle

Default Problem With Vista

I'm running Windows Vista on my computer and when i log onto any server it cause me to move really really quickly whenever i try to move or turn or anything. Does anybody know what the problem is and if they do, could they please help? Thank you.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:19 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Right click your EQ shortcut and go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab. Change it to run in compatibility for Windows XP. This should fix your issue, which is more likely a dual-core processor issue.

See if that helps.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Pdogg102391
Fire Beetle

I had already set it to Windows XP Compatibility mode. still hasnt changed anything. =/
Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Hit Alt/Ctrl/Del and bring up the task manager. Start EQ. Go to the processes tab in Task Manager. Find eqgame.exe. Right click and choose "Set Affinity". Uncheck Core 0, click OK. See if that changes anything.

If it does, I can help you set affinity each time you play with a little batch file. Let's see if that works, first.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Pdogg102391
Fire Beetle

Hm that didnt do anything except make my game freeze up. =/
Old 03-15-2008, 08:38 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Try it the other way around. Try de-selecting core 1 instead of 0.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:10 AM
trevius
Developer

Ya, you want to run on core 0 not 1.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:23 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Yeah, my mistake. It's been so long since I've done it manually that I couldn't remember. I just made a batch file to run EQ instead:

Code:
start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme
exit
Create a text file. Place the above code into it. Go to File, then "Save As..." and call it "EQ.bat". Place it in your EQ folder. Create a shortcut to it on your desktop. This is now your EQ shortcut for when you only run one account. Label it accordingly (mine is ?"EQ - One Account"). This should run the game normally.

If you run with more than one account at a time on the same machine (two seems to do the trick for me), then you can use your normal shortcut, as it should overload your dual-core enough to balance the load. What's happening now is that you're running the game far faster than intended, which is why you seem to be moving at warp speed. These methods should help slow you down to normal. Sorry for the mix-up on which core to disable at first, and thanks to Trevius for the help
Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Pdogg102391
Fire Beetle

Alright so when you say Create a shortcut of it do you mean the text file or EQ Game?? I really have no clue what i'm doin atm. Haha
Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 AM
nezmyth
Sarnak

He means make a text file .. go open up notepad or wordpad either works ... copy and paste
Quote:
start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme
exit
into the file , go to file save as , and name it EQ.bat , make a shortcut of that and put it on your desktop.. The icon should look like a window with a wheel in it
Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Right. If you really want, you can go into the properties for the shortcut and change the icon to the EQ one.

Just like to play on EQEmu you had to make a shortcut to your eqgame.exe file, we're making another shortcut, but to eq.bat instead.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Pdogg102391
Fire Beetle

And then once i make that file and make a shortcut to it, what am I supposed to do? I've tried opening it with EQgame and stuff and that doesnt work. =/
Old 03-16-2008, 06:31 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Once you do that, you just run the shortcut to play EQ. If it saved properly as a .bat file, it should run just like an .exe.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Jest
Fire Beetle

I am having a problem as well. I am on Windows XP x64 and get a fault each time I try to load eqgame.exe

Faulting application eqgame.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

I tried the bat and set priority as well as compatibility mode but no luck.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:26 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Copied from VTZ forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameross
Get and install Get and Set CPU Affinity at http://www.geocities.com/edgemeal_so...nity/index.htm

You can set your affinity on the fly with it. You can also set it to launch with Windows and by adding EQGame.exe to favorites, you can have it automatically set affinities for you.

Only thing is doesnt have for options is to automatically set each instance of EQ to a seperate CPU, but Im guessing if you create seperate copies of EQGame.exe, each one with a different name, you can set favorites for each copy. Only need to do that if ya plan on boxing multiple toons. Worst case, all copies of EQ run on the same core.
Talks about the same program but also tells how ya might be able to deal with multiple toons, which is why I copied it.

Im assuming this applies to Vista too.