Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM
ansley
Fire Beetle

Default A few server descriptions for new players

Raid Addicts (Custom-Legit): Fully Custom w/optional Chinese text www.raidaddicts.org (alot of custom files) Max. lvl 87

Jest 3 (Custom-Legit): Tuned to lower populations solo with 1 group raids. Random loot style www.jestemulator.net (few zone model custom files) Max. lvl 70

PEQ~ The Grand Creation (Legit): www.projecteq.net best live like experience with the highest population. (no files) max. lvl 65

VallonZek/TallonZek (Legit-PVP): +- 10 level old world pvp www.pwnedemu.com (few files spells mostly) Max. lvl 50

Edge (Custom-Legit): Tradeskill based armor/weapons with stat based character development. Really interesting if you want to try something new. www.theedgeserver.com (no files) Max lvl 250?

Alarian Empire (Custom-Legit): Fully custom quest based progression. Tons of quests and custom items. www.alarianempire.com (quite a few files) Max lvl 80

EZ Server (Custom-Legit): Easy 4x exp with custom loot drops http://ez.makeforum.org/ (no files) Max. lvl 70

Storm Haven (Custom-Legit): Very nicely done custom zones with custom items. http://stormhavenserver.com/ (Spell files) Max lvl 70 (75 via quests)

Zeb (Custom-Legit): Original custom content with thousands of customs items and hundreds of custom quests www.zebserver.com (few zone model files) Max lvl 70

Freedom Server (Non-Legit): summon items GM runspeed www.jestserver.com/forums

A work in progress (Non-Legit): summon items www.andmetal.net

Scars of Amerous (Custom-Legit): Fast progression with many content updates http://scarsofamerous.com/

There are dozens of other servers that aren't listed here. These are just a few of the more popular ones.

Last edited by trevius; 09-02-2008 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Edited some server details and added Scars of Amerous to the list
Old 04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
trevius
Developer

That is a very nice list you have there. Looks like you jump around to quite a few different servers lol. I am sure people new to the emu will find that list useful when choosing a server to play on.

I want to note that the max level on Storm Haven is now 75, but you can only get from 71-75 via end game quests (not normal experience). This is designed to add extra levels of custom content and to change things up a bit. I like to make as much variety as I can on my server to keep people from getting bored of doing the same thing over and over. I am currently working to get as many 71-75 spells working as I can right now. As of now, you can play up to 70 without downloading any custom spell file, but for spells over level 70, you will have to download the spell file from live. Instructions to get the file and backup/restore your old one as well as backup your entire EQ directory are on my forums. As of now, my goal is to require no other custom file downloads. Also, even if you do download the one from live for my server, it should still work fine on most other servers with little to no bugs.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Kkazz
Fire Beetle

Very nice list Ansley...and glad to have u on Alarian full time with us(we needed a good wizzy ;p) hope ya stay =]
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Kkazz
Fire Beetle

Nice list ya got there Ansley.And very glad to have ya playing on Alarian Empire.We needed a good wizzy
Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Cripp
Discordant

thought id post a lil about my server in this thread too..

first of all its a project in the works so its not playable yet and not publicly open.

Name: Nug Blazers
Type: Custom-Legit
Description: 95% custom + click and play (NO server files req. for download) just install titanium and play.
95% Custom = custom spawns/npcs/quests/items/tradeskills/factions/loots/starting locs/zonelines/ anything else besides the zones them selfs and spells/models.

So far things are coming out very nicely, my starting city, Seru, took me like a year(on/off)to spawn lol. And the next 6 zones are.. well let me just say they're turning out great ;p
I still have ALOT of work todo and its very slow progress mostly because it has pretty much been a solo project...
I am always looking for a partner or someone to help me out, and if ANYONE wants to come in and hang out ill gladly unlock it

pics: http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugs/?start=all

yep... i think thats about it for now.. thanks.

PS: any questions/comments PM me dont derail thread thx.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

ill gladly hellp to test things about I dont av much deving stuff tho
Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Da Pirate's Cove A Classic Legit Dungeon Progression Server.

http://dpp.2ksite.com

A little about the server and what it will become:

The vision I have for the server is basically a straight progression through content featuring mainly dungeons as well as some of the more popular outdoor zones which I am customizing. Kunark and its predecessors will be unlocked through server progression ie... certain boss kills which I will announce.

As per classic the max level is 50, classic models are forced and non classic races and classes are not in game.

Classic items and armor, earn ancient items long forgotten - all old quest items and drops that are not in a dungeon are added in game on npc bosses and randomized on those bosses by their appropriate level. This includes all removed items.

Two spell merchants one for 1-25 spells and another for 26-50 spells all spells are hand picked and all non classic spells removed.

Zone lines are disabled. I did this for many reasons but mainly to get the server going without having to go through countless zones which many will never go to anyway. I'm always interested to hear feeback so if anyone has a zone they really miss or want in game I will go through it, tune it, and add a porter to it.

And of course this is a LEGIT server so no MQ or MQ2 will be allowed period. Boxing for the moment is allowed and it will be decided as a whole when the server goes fully live (non beta) what the ip limitation will be, currently it is set to 5 per ip.

Server Hardware:

Dedicated Toshiba Laptop running on a 2g AMD Turion64 x2 with 2g of ram
Current Running Linux Debian i386 99% uptime

Thanks much for taking the time to read this and hope to see some of you soon!

more server info here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25510
screenshots here: http://dpp.2ksite.com/viewforum.php?f=15
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Jest
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the post Ansley
Old 10-31-2008, 04:25 AM
KingMort
Banned

Very sweet post Ansley , I just wanted to point out that Raid Addicts does not have LOTS of custom files, we just have 1 really it's our spells file... And that is because we have TONS of custom spells there The other files are basicly just UI files to help you play on the server better and some cool player entered videos from over the years...

Thanks , and again Good Work !

King
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 AM
trevius
Developer

LOL, Mort, downloading your server patch contains almost every required file to run EQ other than the zone files. Most of the files are from 2006, 2007, and 2008, so they definitely aren't the default Titanium files. So ya, I would say that the description about a lot of file downloads is pretty accurate :P
Old 10-31-2008, 04:56 AM
KingMort
Banned

No sir just a few INI files , a few global Text files, and some UI files .. check for yourself

King
Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 AM
KingMort
Banned

Actually since our latest upgrade most of that is obsolete other than our cool custom load screen and the spells ... Way to go Eqemu Dev team !!!

Shared banks are now Re-activated with our old patch we de-activated them due to a dupe bug...

I still suggest you use the KMRA patch however if playing on my server or any server because it enables the new weapon models and icons .....

King
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM
chosama
Fire Beetle

Default Newbie question from an old player. Need please..

if i have the EverQuest Titanuim installed then what do i do to play on the EZ server
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

if you have titanium instaled...patch it like the emu says to play and you dont need any files for EZ server...but if you have files to play on another server it may interfere with playing on EZ
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
chosama
Fire Beetle

Default hmm..

so i need to run EQ through the emu?