Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
bigalfive5
Fire Beetle

Default Expansions

How in norath does one turn back expansions?
I know and like some of the new expansions but would like to turn back some of them. And i dont know how to adjust pvp settings too? oh, i have ax_classic 3.9e. if for some reason im not supposed to run this for legal reasons. im sorry. emial me bigalfive5@yahoo.com if you want a deeper discussion about said topics
thanks for your time
bigal
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
paaco
Discordant

I can't seem to find anything pertaining to how to enable specific expansions. I can tell you that going into the expansions table and changing Expansions value to 0 will enable only classic EQ zones. Thats as far as I got with it and what I was going for on my server anyways, so it worked out. It wont even let you create Iksar, Vah Shir, or Froglok characters.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
trevius
Developer

I think they all work off of a bitmask. So, it should be something like the following in expansions setting in the variables table:

1 = classic
2 = kunark
4 = velious
8 = PoP
16 = LDoN
32 =
64 =

etc. down the list of all expansions multiplying the previous expansion setting X2.

Then, if you want to have multiple expansions, you just need to add up the total numbers of the expansions you want. So, Classic + Kunark + Velious would be 1+2+4 = 7. So, if you put 7 in your setting in the variables table, it should enable all of those. If you wanted only classic and PoP, you would do 1 + 8 = 9 and so on.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I know I have seen something like it around here somewhere.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
paaco
Discordant

If you are right Trevius, you are the man. I have seen this question asked so many times and no one ever has the answer.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:55 PM
bigalfive5
Fire Beetle

You where right about the bit thing. (sorry for not being hip to the computer terms)
however AngleX uses:
0=classic
1=kunark
2=velious
4=lucin
and so on so forth

i was able to turn off kunark and velious, and was able to turn lucin on and the other expansions off. i think the reason Anglex made it this way is so there is no mistake in turning off the classic.

thanks a ton.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

I'm using PEQ database and would like to only use classic and kunark for right now. I tried setting expansions to 3 but it opened up all expansions up to velious.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

0 + 1 = 1 Classic/Kunark
0 + 1 + 2 = 3 Classic/Kunark/Velious
Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Skizoke
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencro View Post
0 + 1 = 1 Classic/Kunark
0 + 1 + 2 = 3 Classic/Kunark/Velious
That applies to PEQ database as well? If so, thanks.