Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default AX Classic Repack Updated

Leslamarch's AX_CLASSIC install kit Is updated and contains both AX Classic and PEQ database to choose from.
You can get the package here
Options include; host at home, host on EqEmu Public LS, Or host on AX Classic Public LS. If that's not to satisfy you, You can always edit the config.xml file and make it as you wish.
This package comes with everything you need; MySql, Perl, Quests, everything , void the server's Maps (this was too big to fit into the package, you'll have to download and install them).
If you already were trying to install EqEmu with little success, it's suggested you uninstall everything you had, before your do this install, since things like two MySql installs are pointless, and could interfere with the Repack install.
The Repack also includes the latest PHP Editors for working on your database.
This Repack will also walk you through things like IP Set ups for home, LAN, Internet. It will help you set up your shortcut for the Clients play.
For more information and help on this, go to the ax classic forums.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Repack Updated !!!

Backing up from previous version.
1. Start up your old repack, these sql’s need to be ran before we make a backup. So let’s make one full backup just in case something goes really bad here ?.
2. Run these query’s using Heidi SQL ---This only need to be run on the AXClassic DB

Code:
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `adventure_template_id` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `npc_faction_id`;
3. Now that your done with that you need to backup your player tables, take that backup and move it someplace safe.
4. Uninstall the old repack, and install the New Repack.
5. Now import your last save that you put in a safe place, and you should be done. (I hope)

View this thread for more details -=INFO=-

Latest changes as of 05-31-09 -=Changelog=-

Updated 05-31-09 - -=download it here=-
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

website down?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
steve
Discordant

Looking to grab this, but the website is offline.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

here is a temp link till Angelox gets his box back up and running, shouldn't be to long.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
steve
Discordant

Is there a way to use this and tell it not to install Mysql? I already have that up and running for other programs.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Is there a way to use this and tell it not to install Mysql? I already have that up and running for other programs.
no, not really it would be more work then to just setup a server in the typical manner.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
steve
Discordant

Ok...

I installed and am getting an error with the login server:

Code:
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONE] New TCP connection from 127.0.0.1:4931
[Debug] [WORLD__CONSOLE] New launcher from 127.0.0.1:4931
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] Adding pending launcher 1
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] Launcher Identified itself as 'zone'. Loading zone list.
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing pending launcher 1. Adding zone to active list.
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zone: dynamic_01 reported state STARTED (1 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__LS_ERR] Could not connect to login server: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10060
Any ideas?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

I would guess it has something to do with your previous install of MYSql, It will mess it up everytime, even if you think you have uninstalled it there is always something left behind.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM
steve
Discordant

Fixed it. There were multiple copies running of cmd, b2s, b2e, etc, whatever they are, that were installed with this tool. Killed them all and restarted and it's working now.

Just curious why it needs to connect to someone's computer when it starts up? It's phoning home?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

The only thing it checks for is if the public login server is up, and if it detects no internet it will not check again, switch to public mode and you will see the login status... but there is no phone home feature at all.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

I really wish they would increase the edit time just to 15 minutes :(

*edit it also needs to connect to the internet to find your global IP.. Just for the record all the admins over at AX_Classic have the source available to them, nothing is hidden.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
steve
Discordant

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

For future versions, can you put in an option to disable any of those checks? I'm just using it as a private login server for computers on my LAN and don't need it to do any of those things.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

it will be in the next release, however it will default to being on.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
steve
Discordant

That's perfectly acceptable. Thank you for considering my request. I appreciate your help and lightning fast responses