Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Need to be 15 or higher like Live default, though as said above you can change the minlevel to 0 and then you'll be able to enter.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 AM
poet1960
Fire Beetle

Well, after poking around in the database I sort of figured out why it wasn't working or rather it is apparently working for the mist moor which I presume what the zone mmca is. Can I get the mist moor adventure from the guy in the east commons provided I am the correct level? Also, is there a good guide for setting up my own adventures? I could probably figure out most of it, but might miss some critical step that is not apparent?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 AM
poet1960
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Need to be 15 or higher like Live default, though as said above you can change the minlevel to 0 and then you'll be able to enter.
Does changing that effect the difficulty of completing the adventure or does it step down the mobs accordingly?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Mistmoore is in butcher, not commons.

No, you need to manually adjust the NPCs when you change the min and max levels, which is why this is going to take me so long to complete. What's in there now took me the equivalent of more than 2 days to complete, though I admit much of that was testing earlier versions of the adventure code. Please also keep in mind that stats, faction, and loot have not even been looked at yet, and won't be until I am done with the mmc theme.

Trevius setup a basic wiki for adventures, check around for the link. Though, afaik, there is no guide that describes how to setup the NPCs. It really just boils down to making copies of NPCs/spawns for each version of the instance you specify.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 AM
poet1960
Fire Beetle

OK, thanks. Guess I will forgo the adventures part of the game for a while. I just wanted to check it out to see what it was like. I still have so much exploring to do with this game it isn't even funny. I did think of something that would be useful for someone just playing locally, a way to summon their dead body to them, although you could just create everything again, but that would take time. Much easier to get it off your body.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 AM
gaeorn
Developer

Only the Butcherblock Mountains adventure recruiter has any adventures right now. Future updates will include others.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Mistmoore is in butcher, not commons.

No, you need to manually adjust the NPCs when you change the min and max levels, which is why this is going to take me so long to complete. What's in there now took me the equivalent of more than 2 days to complete, though I admit much of that was testing earlier versions of the adventure code. Please also keep in mind that stats, faction, and loot have not even been looked at yet, and won't be until I am done with the mmc theme.

Trevius setup a basic wiki for adventures, check around for the link. Though, afaik, there is no guide that describes how to setup the NPCs. It really just boils down to making copies of NPCs/spawns for each version of the instance you specify.
Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if GeorgeS might be able to help accelerate the process of creating Adventures with multiple versions of the same zone at different levels of NPCs. He's pretty awesome with tools, and I bet he could put something into his NPC Loot Editor that would basically copy the whole zone to a second version of the zone. Maybe it could even have options of how many levels to add/subtract from all NPCs in the zone when copying, as well as a percentage of HPs/Mana to add/subtract and maybe Percentage of Min/Max Damage settings and a few other key stats that would need to be scaled for each version. Have it automatically remove their loot tables if any exist, since they will need to be replaced anyway. Also, have it copy or use the same pathing grids if possible. I am sure some fine tuning would still need to be done after, but that would get a good chunk of the work out of the way. Then, it would just mean adding in new loot tables and that should be about it.

Maybe I should post something about this in his section to see what he thinks.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if GeorgeS might be able to help accelerate the process of creating Adventures with multiple versions of the same zone at different levels of NPCs. He's pretty awesome with tools, and I bet he could put something into his NPC Loot Editor that would basically copy the whole zone to a second version of the zone. Maybe it could even have options of how many levels to add/subtract from all NPCs in the zone when copying, as well as a percentage of HPs/Mana to add/subtract and maybe Percentage of Min/Max Damage settings and a few other key stats that would need to be scaled for each version. Have it automatically remove their loot tables if any exist, since they will need to be replaced anyway. Also, have it copy or use the same pathing grids if possible. I am sure some fine tuning would still need to be done after, but that would get a good chunk of the work out of the way. Then, it would just mean adding in new loot tables and that should be about it.

Maybe I should post something about this in his section to see what he thinks.
That is some awesome thinking right there! If I had a tool to automatically copy NPCs and spawns that will also adjust the levels based on my choosing, it would decrease the time it will take me to roll out LDoN tenfold. The estimated time frame would be reduced from months to weeks. I personally would also need the changes to be dumped to a sql file, as PEQ has no GUI.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM
trevius
Developer

All of GeorgeS' tools work on remote Hosts as long as you have port 3306 open and have an account that can be used from the host you are using the tool from. I don't know if that is an option for PEQ, or if you guys keep port 3306 closed for security reasons, but if it is an option, it isn't hard to setup. I always just set my MySQL outside accounts to work only from a single host/IP to keep security as high as possible with having 3306 open.

If that isn't an option, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to generate an SQL file, since I believe that any changes from his tools simply run queries to do the updates anyway. Should be able to just write those queries to a file instead, I would think.

I will mention this and see what he thinks. He probably doesn't know much about the Adventure stuff yet, so I don't know how long it would take.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
gaeorn
Developer

One other option would be for Cavedude to use ssh port forwarding to get at port 3306. I know putty supports port forwarding as does the sshd server on every linux distro i've seen.

I use it to get at ports remotely that I wouldn't want open to the world to access. It's pretty simple to setup too. I've not done so with putty but I have used it many times through linux ssh.

Let me know if you'd like more information on this.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I replied to Trevius' post
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...031#post172031

I have given the whole scope a 'once over' and workflow has begun. I'm prototyping the sql and will begin this today.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//