Each client that is compatible with EQEmu offers a different list of available features. Titanium is considered the base client for EQEmu, so its features are not listed here currently. For each later client, they include all features from their list as well as all features from previous clients unless noted otherwise.
Added in SoF:
1. 8 more bank slots for a total of 24 bank slots instead of the normal 16 from Titanium (tons of extra space).
2. Group member location markers on your in-game map (if you turn it on)
3. 60 page spell book (Titanium book is only 50 pages)
4. Better game lighting so you can actually see when playing human/barbarians/etc.
5. New Drakkin playable Race
6. 80 new zones
7. 250+ new weapon models
8. New Power Source Slot
9. Heroic Stats and Resists as well as other new stats like Heal Amount, BS Damage, Spell Damage, Etc.
10. Client handles level 70-75+ properly, where Titanium skills do not show up correctly.
11. 600+ New Item Icons
12. 113 new NPC Races
13. 10 Character Slots at Character Select as apposed to 8 in Titanium
14. The Loot All option now works when looting corpses.
15. Not restricted to a max spell ID of 9999 like Titanium is, which means that reaching higher levels with full spells is possible.
16. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
17. Updated classic textures. (Zones from Classic-Velious had their texture's modified to be 'clearer' and less fuzzy or pixelated. Making environments look much nicer even in old world zones)
18. Blocked Buffs feature allows buffs to be specified to be blocked.
Added in SoD:
1. The Group Window now shows Mana and Endurance bars for each of your party members in addition to the HP and Pet HP.
2. Dozens of new zones, new NPC races, hundreds of new weapon models and item icons.
3. Zoning time is generally noticeably faster.
is more stable than SoF
(by far) and even Titanium.
has better multi-boxing support than SoF
and Titanium, at least for Multi-Core CPU systems.
6. Platinum no longer adds weight to your character.
7. You can now see the buffs that other players have on them in the target buff window.
8. Most UIs (from 2009 to now work) with SoD
with little to no extra changes needed.
5. You can now copy the UI setup from one character to another from in-game. This means you set 1 character up perfectly, and all of your other chars can just copy it.
6. You can set the frame rate of EQ windows running in the background, which makes boxing performance considerably nicer depending on how you set it.
7. You can re-size your window size to any size by stretching it like SoF
, but in SoD
, you can also lock the size so you don't accidentally re-size it.
has multi-core support and works very well with modern PC hardware. It sets your first instance of EQ to only use 1 CPU core, and if you start a second instance of EQ, it sets it to the next available CPU core and so on, so it helps balance CPU load when multiboxing.
is obsolete in SoD
10. Facial features while using illusions works perfectly, where previous clients have minor issues with them.
11. Levitate no longer causes you to bob up and down and instead you just float there.
12. Holding down left click can now be used to rotate around your character while in 3rd person view, just like most current MMOs allow.
13. Revamped AA window (compresses AAs into 4 tabs. General/Archtype/Class/Special)
14. Blind no longer removes the UI.
15. Revamped item windows (clearer layout and the names of equip-able items are displayed in Red (if you can't equip) or Green (If you can equip) which takes into account your class/race/deity and level. Prevents the ever popular "Opps I looted it and can't use it LOL sorry" mistakes.)
16. Group leader's names are highlighted in green (If you're the leader your name in your personal info box, Alt+C, will be green.)
17. Higher Base HP/Mana/Endurance (scales with level) due to a change in the base HP/Mana/Endurance formulas.
18. Can equip items with level requirements at any level (However you get no benefits and if it's a weapon attacking something says the mob is 'invulnerable' and you can't use procs/clickies/focuses.)
Added in Underfoot:
1. Loads models/races etc much more efficiently. Drastically reducing RAM/CPU usage.
2. Revamped pet window. (Is now fully resizable and allows you to tie ANY pet commands into the hotbuttons, which there are now 14 hotbuttons on the window total, including AA commands such as /pet hold allowing you to save space on your hotbutton bars. Do this by right clicking a hotbutton and selecting a command from the pop-up window. New commands become available as AAs are purchased.)
3. In-Inventory Stats Tab that provides a very detailed breakdown of all character stats.
4. Extended Targeting window, allows players to monitor multiple targets and to save target sets.
Added in Rain of Fear (RoF):
1. All augmentations can now be added to or removed from items directly from the item window now, without the use of an Augmentation Sealer.
2. Added a new 3D item preview window.
3. Increased the number of hot bar buttons to 12.
4. Added more hot button bars. There are now a total of 10 hot button bars available.
5. Added the ability to link items on hot bars (instead of just slots).
6. Hot buttons now have right-click and hold menus to allow for customizations in size, icon, labels and more.
7. Added the ability to display key mappings in the top right corner of a hot button.
8. Social hotkeys can now be aborted by right clicking them.
9. Added visible cool down timers for buttons that have a time period before the next allowable use.
10. A large number of crashes have been fixed and there were many memory/resources issues that were resolved as well.
11. Many new armor models (Hero's Forge) have been added for all races.
12. Right-clicking on an item that you cannot use now gives the specific reason why you cannot use the item.
13. Added a new "move down" key with default keyboard binding of the "END" button.
14. Increased the targeting range on PCs through /target from 70 to 200.
15. You can now jump while on a mount.
16. When using a mount you will reach top speed much faster than before, and stop even faster.
Added in RoF that require additional EQEmu Source changes before they will be functional:
1. Added the Aggro Meter to display your current aggro rating in comparison to the most hated on an NPC.
2. You will now be able to purchase items from a bazaar trader directly from the Bazaar Search Window and use barter from any zone.
3. Added the ability to turn in stacks of items to NPCs.
4. Players can now buy extra mercenary slots on the Marketplace and keep a roster of mercenaries that they can switch between.
5. Added an items and money delivery system.
6. Backpacks are no longer limited to 10 slots.
7. Empty bags can now be placed in other bags.
8. There are now two extra base inventory slots.
Note that this is not a complete list of all added features for each client. Feel free to add more features to these lists if any are missing.