Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

Default Seeking a Server

I'm looking for a server that is fairly challenging and does not hand you everything. Something that is similar in difficulty to original EQ, custom content is fine but would prefer not to have to dl a ton of files.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Count Sacula
Fire Beetle

PEQ Grand Creation is great. Of course it is currently down, but this is the first time I've seen it down since I started a month ago. Also the population is the highest by far.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:56 PM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

I'm very familiar with TGC, that's why I'm looking for an alternative when they happen to be down. Guess I should have mentioned that.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
wpochert
Fire Beetle

yes, any good alternatives?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

Tried Zeb today and was impressed with the custom content, very low population during non-peak time but was quite fun and a nice distraction from the normal EQ experience.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Bosec
Fire Beetle

Is PEQ still down? :( The website isn't up.. I played Zeb.. That was little to whack for me. Then hoped on Raiders.. Haven't got off but its kinda challenging but you're handed your epics.. Still challenging.. I guess. Free potions = making it to easy lol
Old 07-26-2009, 12:58 AM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

You might want to give Irreverent's server a shot. His goal is to provide a live-like server only making it possible for every class to solo most, if not all, content. Sounds like something that might fit your need for a PEQ back up.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 PM
gaeorn
Developer

FYI, I tossed up a PEQ based server. Is just vanilla PEQ as of the last DB release. Name on server list is TSA EQEmu. I have no idea how many people the server could handle simultaneously, but feel free to log on if you wish.

There will be no support to speak of for this server at this time. If it generates any popularity at all and is sustainable on the hardware I have available, that may change. In the meantime, if something gets really buggered up, PM me here.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
gaeorn
Developer

OK, looks like my system doesn't handle running an EQEmu server very well. So unfortunately, I will have to take it offline. It really wasn't designed for that purpose anyway so it's not entirely a surprise.