Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

Default Selecting Expansions

I was just wondering if it's possible to cherry pick expansions... or if have to unlock all preceding expansions...

Of if anyone can suggest a solution to locking content I dont want active
Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I think you can manipulate which expansions are available by using the data found here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...les#Expansions

You could also achieve this by locking out zones in the zone table. Setting the min_level = X where X is greater than the max level attainable on the server. Or you could set min_status = 250 so that only GM's and admins could access the zone. Or you could create a custom item that isn't available in the game world and make it the required key for the zones you want locked.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
pfyon
Discordant

Yep, looks like you can pick and choose expansions using that. Just add together the values for each expansion you want, and that's what goes in your expansions variable.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

Ok so if understand you right... I could say... have trilogy+Luclin+Ykesha... skipping PoP and nothing later than Ykesha by setting the variable to 23?

I'll have to try that out... the table definatly implies that you can do that. Has anyone else tried it yet?

I suppose I'll have to change the exit from the tutorial to somewhere other than PoK :p

Thanks for the input so far
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Assuming that that we are correct then yes a 23 would work as you described. I personally have not tried that yet but it certainly looks like it would work.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

does not seem to...

Locking out PoK is the easy part... the not so easy part is either disabling the tutorial... or changing the 2 zones out to send you else where... actually it probably is easy once i figure out how :p
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Code:
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value = 'false' WHERE rule_name = 'World:EnableTutorialButton';
Disables the "Enter Tutorial" button on the character select screen and places new characters in their normal starting zones rather than into the tutorial. All thanks to Derision for that one.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

slightly off topic... but it may help me understand where to look for things...
what's the difference between a rule and a variable?