Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

Default How to...

i've been searching the forums for a fair amount of time now, and i've seen things about people logging in, and crashing and whatnot, and people not getting their strings right... i'm looking for a very direct, very basic... very "how to guide for dummies" essentially...

my first set of questions is..

What Hardware is needed to run this?

i've got XP pro. with a 1.8ghertz pent3, 512megs ram, and a broadband connect... this setup worked fine for EQ-live, so i don't presume it would present a problem for EQ-emulator.

What Software is needed to run this?

i have searched, and all i can find is Unpatched, EQ titanium edition.
so i go to bestbuy i buy the titanium box, i load it on my machine, Do Not Patch. and i've met the software requirements?

How do i properly modify the required Software, to Access the EQ-Emulator server?

this is where things begin to get extremely confusing to me, i'd really appreciate a step by step process, or a link to a thread where a step by step process can be found, assuming there is one, becuase i could not easily locate one.

Is a valid Sony-EQ subscription required?

based on the fact that Sony is not running this server, i can only assume no, but a deffinate answer would be awesome.

thank you for your patience with me, i will greatly appreciate any informational answer, but ask, please, do not clutter this thread with guesses, i'd like this thread to be easily read and understand by anyone in the same position as i am. thank you agian

Last edited by Mistervirtue; 08-07-2006 at 11:45 AM..
Old 08-07-2006, 03:47 AM
mattmeck

this belongs in the wiki not the forums.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

well where do i find that, becuase this forum is very unorganized, and i am unable to find anything. so if you could link me to it, so i could post it there, i would appreciate it, thank you
Old 08-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistervirtue
well where do i find that, becuase this forum is very unorganized, and i am unable to find anything. so if you could link me to it, so i could post it there, i would appreciate it, thank you
Actually , you're wrong - this forum is very organized, if you put some effort into what you need to know.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:44 AM
mattmeck

www.eqemulator.net left side.. click on wiki.

that easy.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

alright thank you, i got the link to the forum from the temp forums... didn't see a link back to the wiki from the forums, so i didn't know. apologize for the newbish shit, i'm a gamer... i do games... not web surfing
Old 08-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

ok, i;'ve found the wiki and it seems a lot of my questions are already answered, i appreciate the speed in the respounces, as i said, i do games... not web surfing, i am not very good with anything other then typing something into a google search bar and trying to find a rough match of what i was looknig for, which didn't work for this...

sorry for the wasted time, and i'm sorry for the noobish questions, thanks agian.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistervirtue
ok, i;'ve found the wiki and it seems a lot of my questions are already answered, i appreciate the speed in the respounces, as i said, i do games... not web surfing, i am not very good with anything other then typing something into a google search bar and trying to find a rough match of what i was looknig for, which didn't work for this...

sorry for the wasted time, and i'm sorry for the noobish questions, thanks agian.
If you don't ask you'll never ever know. You asked, now you know. No problem!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default searching the forums

just have to be careful what it is you type in the search field. You will find anything, ( combined with some patience )