Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Default Alakamin Server Coming Soon!

I am not a GM, Creator, or have any means an affiliation with the Alakamin Server other than I am a dedicated player and proud owner of a Drogmor there

The Alakamin Semi Legit Server!

Features!
  • Increased Exp 3x, faster leveling but still a great sense of accomplishment
  • Great guide/GM Staff. Helps new players out by giving direction as well as assistance whenever there is a bug or zone crash.
  • Bazaar fully stocked with items, and vendors. Buy that raid gear you want for pennies on the plat.
  • Fabled loot has a % to drop off of the named mob that it normally is on. Go Go Fabled FBSS!
  • Good loot drops from all named mobs around norrath, not just the normal Shiny brass Shield, but you may even come across some high end gear even quicker now!
  • Friendly small community looking for more people whom are nice, and like the feel of old EQ, with a few twists and additions
  • Good Server Spec's hardly any crashes or reset's (Other than when the SQL database is getting updated and needs a reset)

Also on this fine server you can come and play with a great group of people whom enjoy everything from Xp grinds to chit chat and uber mob killing.

We are a small community but we will be up and running full time starting hopefully monday. This server is currently in progress of being updated but will be improved and adjusted to make the best gameplay available for everyone involved. So if you need a server with some adjustments and some fun old school feel of EQ, please come and join us at Alakamins!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:32 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

GREAT Server , this server should be tested out by veryone

very nice server

it uses the PeQ Db for now , Once weve got the important things in

i was told new content will be added

and theres a FiX coming soon

so u nca go past 66 and get the spells

Amazing server
Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Davood
Discordant

hah, your hired !

i'll turn on the webserver sometime in the next week so people can read updates on their own, im slogging through the updates right now, 1 at a time testing and verifying before i continue, I have a short list of things to do and as I begin each one I break it down and track my progress

and I may even make some forums
Old 01-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Davood for Pres 08'

Anyways more about the server, Nice to see some new faces in uch a short time, and remmeber the extra content, such as fabled drops, the bazaar merchants and a few other things are defenitly not done yet, but Davood the fearless leader he is said that hopefully this weekend, (cough cough Hurry up!) he'll have the fabled items ready and get started on adding items to the Bazaar merchants.

There are no teleporters, or Special merchants for nebies, but it's better that way, the PoK works, and the bazaar will soon be working so we will have all the items we need and transport is fairly quick and easy. So come and play we would always love to see more faces!

Also my name is Ezell, if you need any help here please feel free to send me a /tell and I'll gladly send you a few plat, for some starting cloth/chain armor and maybe a FS scimitar.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

this server is a friendly server

i will help out any new person
Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Davood
Discordant

400 fabled items are in now, merchants are finally getting their shipments of loots

and there is a newbie tickler outside of the pok bank with some weak 0 value gear for newbies to train with.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Davood
Discordant

once the merchants are done there are lots of little things i found and write in my plan list that I will address in the source and db, I think by next weekend it will be decent enough to play on it myself !
Old 01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

Sweet , Nice going davood , bout to log on and check them out myuself

and farm for a while for the fabled?

What drops the fabled?s
Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

Come one Come all to the Alakamin server, were up and running and ready for members, A large view of thi server is once you start progressing through the upper levels you will see, and have that good gear you dream about at low levels!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

wait a minute
you dream about all that nice gear at lvl 1

wait a sec, you can , NO required items

ALL RECOMENDED

just need 2 get it first

all come all come
Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 AM
Cvinion
Sarnak

If you read this before ya check the server, it crashed at 12:12 Jan 21,right after noon, dunno what caused it figure I'de give ya an exact time though so maybe you can check.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:25 AM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

need a restart breh. .server is lots of fun.
If you think this is a server that gives you your epic in the first 10 minutes and it takes an hour to get to 70 you are wrong, it's a challenging server, but tradable gear, and purchasable raid loot makes it easy to customize your char once established
Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 AM
sharpiejas
Fire Beetle

just wish it was on now......
Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Davood
Discordant

sorry.. it seems to be crashing when someone with a key tries to enter a locked door to another zone... a gm flagged account can zone, but a pc account crashes the server

i'm home for lunch and going to reboot the server.. when I get home again after work i'll sift through the source code to find the problem and browse cavedude's forums.. this has got to be a known issue
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

loginsever is kinda down , , forums takes ages :( ,

nad u got a 1/20 chance of logging hehe :(

anywya , great work so far dav