Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
xuinasha
Fire Beetle

none of this sadly got me any further then where i was originally.

i got to the running eqgame form the shortcut, and it still patches to sony server.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

Xuinasha, I don't know what guides you were following or if you were just following this thread, but if it's patching to sony's servers then you didn't update your eqhost.txt file.

Check out this link for the player guide.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM
xuinasha
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeice View Post
Xuinasha, I don't know what guides you were following or if you were just following this thread, but if it's patching to sony's servers then you didn't update your eqhost.txt file.

Check out this link for the player guide.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide
I followed that guide,tried it, tried to re-install XD. i tried this part, so it didint patch up to sony, but it still does, i tried to re-name the path with the "patchme" at the end.. i get to the login screen but says invalid username/pass.. so i am guessing i am still connecting to sony.. but i alreayd renamed host fiel to port 5998
Old 02-23-2009, 02:06 AM
trevius
Developer

I moved these posts into their own thread. They were completely unrelated to the Dual Core thread where they were originally posted.

The guide explains exactly how to setup for play. Make sure you completely delete the everquest directory if you patched at all. Then, install it fresh again from the CDs and just edit your host file. Then, just create the shortcut to eqgame.exe and set patchme at the end as the guide says to. If you see any sort of patcher window, you did it wrong. It should go straight to the EQ Login screen. You will need to use the server accounts you created from these forums. You must go to your user_cp to create the Login accounts. It does not use your forums login to get in.

Again, all of this should be explained in the guide and with more detail.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeormom
Discordant

Yeah, as Trevius pointed out, if you saw a patcher, you didn't fix your shortcuts. Remember: Just because you fix the shortcut on your desktop doesn't mean the shortcut on your start menu has been updated.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
xuinasha
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I moved these posts into their own thread. They were completely unrelated to the Dual Core thread where they were originally posted.

The guide explains exactly how to setup for play. Make sure you completely delete the everquest directory if you patched at all. Then, install it fresh again from the CDs and just edit your host file. Then, just create the shortcut to eqgame.exe and set patchme at the end as the guide says to. If you see any sort of patcher window, you did it wrong. It should go straight to the EQ Login screen. You will need to use the server accounts you created from these forums. You must go to your user_cp to create the Login accounts. It does not use your forums login to get in.

Again, all of this should be explained in the guide and with more detail.
i did re-install, redit host file to port 5998.
made shortcut to desktop, edited path with "pathme" at end.
already made a account forum via CP as well. i know i dont use my forum name either.
should i then, not use the KMRA patch extractor from RA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
Yeah, as Trevius pointed out, if you saw a patcher, you didn't fix your shortcuts. Remember: Just because you fix the shortcut on your desktop doesn't mean the shortcut on your start menu has been updated.
so what do i need to do? go to the ACTUAL eq.exe and edit that ? i just copy, paste shortcut to desktop, edit path with "patchme" still connects to sony..

Last edited by xuinasha; 02-24-2009 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: reply to yeormom
Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Your shortcut properties should say

Code:
"C:\path\to\everquest\directory\eqgame.exe" patchme
if it doesn't you forgot to change the shortcut and it is pointing to Everquest.exe which will connect to the patcher.