Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Forlap_Thorninfoot
Sarnak

Default Bad zones?

Ok, so i have had nothing but test time on my server, and I have been using it. But there appears to be zones that even i cant get into. My gm flagged chars can port in, port out, zone in, zone out no prob, but when a non-GM flagged char tries to zone in, the Zone server crashes and the person goes LD. Its only certain zones, PoV and Old Sebilis to name 2.

Any help out there? Chars were level enough to get into the zones, and keyed for them to boot.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 AM
Forlap_Thorninfoot
Sarnak

Bump. this is still a massive problem, i burn through about 2 zone server an hour from people accidently going into a keyed/flagged zone, and it drops a server. As a GM i dont have problems, so i think its something to do with the key/flags needed. is there a way to remove keys and flags? or fix the problem? (better option)
Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

What database are you using? This sounds more like an incompatibility between your codebase and your database. I don't think anyone else is seeing this and I'm not seeing it on my server either. Make sure they match. The database does tend to change a bit based on code changes. Have you been writing custom quests for keying zones or anything like that?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Check your Zones tables for those zones and see if there are any required flags, required levels, required min account status, or anything else that might stand out from other zones that are working. If so, try setting that to match a working zone. That will almost certainly fix your problem.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 PM
BormolPathfinder
Fire Beetle

Default Bad zones?

Irreverent server is also having "zone unavailable" issues. Starting to sound like a DB corruption of some sort. Toons logged off in a zone [Velks] are unable to log in at all, although if you are persistent, you'll eventually succeed. Zoning into a zone with at least one other player in it doesn't seem to be an issue, nor does the private teleporter seem to have a problem porting into a 'unavailable' zone. To make matters worse, when the zone fails, you seem to be routinely ported back to the zone's succor point [which, in the case of Awakening Lands, is opposite to the Skyshrine entrance I'm trying to enter]. This phenomenon has been worsening over the past few days [concomitant w/ influx of new players, altho max load never >20 peeps]. Any clues?