Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Default Getting old skeletons back possible?

As far as I can tell, the client was made to completly ignore the original skeleton models back when Luclin was released. With the release of LDON, the luclin skeletons became the "old" models (ref #60), and the LDON skels are the new ones. But i'm trying to somehow get the original EQ skeletons to appear. Is this even possible? The model info and textures are still there. There just needs to be a way to call them.

Edit: SUCCESS! Check page 4 for screenshots!
Old 08-04-2004, 04:09 PM
sianyde
Sarnak

I emphatically second this. I remember when I started playing, and thought necros with their skels were cool, but I thought that brown, yellow-eyed, horrific skeleton they got around 27th or so was >really< cool. Then I go and make a necro, and get stuck with these gimp models =)
Old 08-05-2004, 03:17 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

I think the horses/elementals graphics option also handles skeletons
Old 08-05-2004, 06:25 AM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
I think the horses/elementals graphics option also handles skeletons
Nope. I've had my Luclin models turned off since like... Luclin came out (I really hate how they look), and it doesn't bring the old skeletons back. EQ's client was changed to load the new skeleton models (and wolves) as part of the global file. I've actually went around deleting the skeleton s3d files just to see what would happen. All that happens is that I get humans walking around in the skeletons place

I'm surprised there is no way to force the client to load models that are still there. There must be a way.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Jalister
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddiux
I've actually went around deleting the skeleton s3d files just to see what would happen. All that happens is that I get humans walking around in the skeletons place
Just a thought, have you tried renaming the old s3d files to the names of the new ones?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

I really dunno then. On my box I see old skeletons, but I don't know why. Although, I do run pre-GoD.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
I really dunno then. On my box I see old skeletons, but I don't know why. Although, I do run pre-GoD.
Are you sure its the original skeletons? Like the ones from before Luclin? Cause if so, I want your EQ folder

Double check to see if they look like this:

Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
bbum
Banned

to bad you cant make it so when people log into your serve the old skellys are there.. unless you use a patcher i guess?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbum
to bad you cant make it so when people log into your serve the old skellys are there.. unless you use a patcher i guess?
The patcher has nothing to do with it. Its the client that is programmed to load a specific set of data. Unless you use a version of EQ from before luclin's release (impossible), there isn't much you can do with patching. still, there might be other ways to force the old models to load.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

My bad. I've apparently grown so accustomed to fat-feet Luclin skeletons I don't recognize the old ones.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Charmy
Discordant

Corrrect me if i am wrong radd but isn't that picture the old skelle? i started eq at the kunark release and thats the skeletons i remember, the funny shaped looking ones, if there was one that came before that i don't know what it is. as for forcing people to see that, as long as it is still a global model, or it still exists in the most recent s3d files, you just need to change all the values of the skeletons (and the model numbers in the necro pet code in spells.cpp) models in the database. you can do this with a single sql command. just UPDATE mobtable set model=oldskellymodel WHERE model=newskellynumber; or somthing similar will work.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 08-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Raddiux
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy
Corrrect me if i am wrong radd but isn't that picture the old skelle? i started eq at the kunark release and thats the skeletons i remember, the funny shaped looking ones, if there was one that came before that i don't know what it is. as for forcing people to see that, as long as it is still a global model, or it still exists in the most recent s3d files, you just need to change all the values of the skeletons (and the model numbers in the necro pet code in spells.cpp) models in the database. you can do this with a single sql command. just UPDATE mobtable set model=oldskellymodel WHERE model=newskellynumber; or somthing similar will work.
That picture I posted IS the old skeleton model. I posted that so Melwin could check to see if thats what he was seeing or not.

The problem with getting the old models to load is that the value of the skeletons (#60 if you check through the EQemu guidebook) ends up loading the luclin model and not the original model. The client completly ignores the old model and goes straight for the newer one located in a different s3d file. AFAIK there is no way to hack the client to make it load the old s3d file.

If you use EQinside, you can clearly see the original skeletons located in global_chr.s3d. The luclin skeletons appear to be in global6_chr.s3d (although I can't be sure since i have no way of opening dds files). But these are only the textures. I still don't understand where the actual MODEL file is stored. It can't possibly all be in that single .wld file inside the s3d file can it? If I could figure that out, I might be able to replace and rename some files and fool the client into loading the old skeleton. This is all just speculation though.

EDIT:

Actually, the luclin skeleton MODEL appears to be located in globalske_chr2.s3d, which was created on 12/20/2001 - just when luclin was released. So the client now appears to point to this file to load the skeleton model. If I could replace the .wld file inside here with the old skeleton .wld file, I might be able to get the old skeleton to load. The problem there is that I can't find the model file for the old skeleton. Either its someplace i'm not looking, or all the original global models are somehow embedded in a single .wld file.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:06 PM
killspree
Dragon

Luclin skeletons have been model 60 since luclin came out(or maybe shortly after) - the original skeletons were never a model option after that. I suggest just using the new skeleton model instead, it's about as close to the old models as you'll get. It's also global so it shouldn't be too much of a problem using it.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Norrick
Fire Beetle

I remember the new skellies and the wolves came out right before Lucilin did. I dunno if it was to get people excited about the new graphics or what but I know I had saw them before I got Lucin.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
bbum
Banned

the old wolfs pwned so hard.. i dont even think theres a white wolf model anymore