Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:57 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradorn
ok so i should have default.pl, drop_system.sql.drop_users.sql,load_empty_users.sq l, load_system.sql, commands.pl(thanks to above), convert, channelog,

and 129 folders in the C:\EQEmu\Quest

will i need to resource my database cause i did forget to unzip quest zone folders into C:\EQEmu\Quest
just unzipped it now eventhough i have had everything all set up
I dont think so on the resourcing the db, just find a npc and hail them, if they talk then the pl files are at lease running or try a quest npc.

note, not all of the npcs say anything...

I havent made it up to actually completeting any quests, or even getting one, got a big project that has to be done in 3 weeks, grrr so my time is way limited now - and i was having so much fun

vRandom
Old 06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRandom
I dont think so on the resourcing the db, just find a npc and hail them, if they talk then the pl files are at lease running or try a quest npc.

note, not all of the npcs say anything...

I havent made it up to actually completeting any quests, or even getting one, got a big project that has to be done in 3 weeks, grrr so my time is way limited now - and i was having so much fun

vRandom
well i read up on the quest says each person that gives the mold has a certain faction to see if u have good enough faction i have to go to the appropriate npc and ask them "am i an honored member" but they never reply
but i have the freportn folder in the eqemu/quest and the chars name is in it with the text for the armor quest
Old 06-15-2005, 03:44 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

sorry i can't be much help on the quest problem Aradorn. Other than making sure the perl version your running is actually executing, i'm not sure otherwise.

There is a guard by the nfp bank or any of them in front of the cleric guild area, (i think) if you can hail them and they say something then i think thats a good test for if the perl is running.

:(
Old 06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

well in my boot5zones it says
[quest] loading perlemb plugins.
[quest] loading perl commands...
[quest]loading perlemb plugins.
[quest] loading perl commands

now will my quest not work if i unzipped it after i set everything up...

i forgot to do it when i was going through all the steps could this be the reason why?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Tulwen
Fire Beetle

Default Cool, but HELP!!

Great Job on the tutorial!!
I'm so close I can smell the character creation screen... but I'm having issues

I've got everything done with one exception. Because I couldn't find a pre 5/11 patch, I just reinstalled my cds (EverQuest Platinum, released last fall) and didn't patch. I run the Minilogin, World and then 5zonebatch and launch the eqgame-patchme shortcut. I get all the way up to logging in and when I login I get a windows FUBAR error saying "World.exe has generated errors and needs to shut down". Could this be because of the version of EQ I am running? Do I need to install an older EQEmu version? If so which one?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Calabeth
Sarnak

Yes it sounds like the version your trying to run is a mismatch. Even though it was released last fall doesnt mean it will have the most up to date files. The files on Disk are probably the basic files of each when they were first made and still need the patching.

Try finding some of the 6.1 servers that are already up as a few offer a patcher that helps ppl be compatible with playing on them. What ye do is patch to live then run their patchers.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Tulwen
Fire Beetle

Awesome thanks!!! I'll give it a try
Old 06-17-2005, 05:59 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Default Okay no more

Hey people... STOP PMing me about the patch. I cant help you.

Next PMs i get about it im either going to start reporting or will just delete them without replying. Depending on the mood im in.

This isnt in response to any of hte posts here, just the PMs in my box!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Please don't destroy me..

Ok I must be much thicker than most, so please do not killed me I read every post on this thread to make sure no one experienced the same problem..

Step 4. I extracted the DBD/DBI etc to their own directories, I go to cmd line and get to their respective directories (the one that contains the .ppd file) i type
Code:
install DBD-mysql.ppd
etc etc..

I keep getting this error.
Code:
'install' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
you say in PPM type the install line... I'm not sure I follow what PPM is.

Well any insight into this would be much appreciated!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 AM
mrea
Discordant

Before you do that, type PPM

Old 06-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Aydun
Sarnak

Ok I typed:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Desktop\Futility\DBD-mysql-2.9007>PPM install DBD
-mysql.ppd
'PPM' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I still got the same error, perhaps I can understand the problem more if I understood what PPM is ? thank you for your quick response, and again my apologies to post such a simple problem.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:19 AM
mrea
Discordant

Did you install Perl correctly? If so, type PPM... once that loads type your "install soandso". Not all in the same command.

Old 06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Indeed i thought I had!

Hmm, I figured it was an initialization for perl. I ran through the installation just fine and there is a perl folder in my C:\ so I was assuming it went fine. I tried typing PPM first but i got the same error, perhaps i'll try running it again and see what happens, thank you very much for your continued support mrea! It's appreciated
Old 06-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Tulwen
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb

You don't type ppm until you are in each directory

Example.

c:\>cd\temp\io-stringy
c:\>ppm
ppm>install io-stringy.ppd
ppm>exit
c:\>cd\temp\DBI
etc. etc.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Got it!

Excellent, I could've sworn I already had tried that before but third times a charm eh! thank you very much everyone *bow*