Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

Default 7.0 Server Unknown opcode

Hello,

I've setup a 7.0 server following the instructions shown here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...indowsServer70

Everything seems to install properly with no differences from that set of instructions. Clients can log in through minilogin from outside of my network with no problems.

My problem is that when a client, any client internal or external, clicks on the server the clients hangs for a while and then returns to the login screen. At this same time on the server machine in the command prompt window this pops up every time a client trys to log in.

Quote:
"Unknown Packet: .4455296 [16.64.89.0:16->0.0.0.0:0]
[OpCode 0x0003 ,OP_Unknkown. Size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00"
All clients that are trying to connect are able to log into any of the public servers and play just fine. The EQ install on the server is the same set of discs that I use to play myself on public server (7.0 Titanium). One of my friends has a 6.2 client and has the same problems when trying to log into my server.

The server is set as DMZ on my router to rule out port issues for now.

Everything seems to be working just fine up to the point a client selects the server and the opcode message appears on the server.

Anyone willing to help me with this?

I appreciate your efforts,

-BFC
Old 05-13-2006, 09:14 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

Ok find the solution through trial and error. This really needs to be in the wiki so I will do that a little later today.

Here's how to not fix, but make it so it doesn't matter any more.

All of the tutorials on how to setup a 7.0 server fail to mention that you must have a fully populated eqemu_config.xml file. They tell you that you have to edit the one that is created for you when you run the DR 3.52 installer.

So, to fix the issue of where a player clicks on the server to go to character select/creation and it just dumps them back to the log in screen fully populate the eqemu_config.xml file according to these instructions:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rConfiguration

There will be some changes that are not exactly the same for every server so you will have to know where the changes are specific to your server only.

With this fully populated xml file I was able to create both a public server and a private server and have no problems with new clients logging in from outside of my network.

You will still get the unknown opcode error each time someone logs in, but it does nothing that I can see. Everything works fine.

Again, I'll update the wiki on the 7.0 guide to reflect this a little later today.

-BFC
Old 05-13-2006, 09:41 PM
XiNoID
Sarnak

I'm still having this damned problem...I set theese opcode but no result! still same errors with unknown opcodes and when i try to enter the game - it drops me in login menu! ADMINS! PLEASE HELP!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:14 AM
vales
Discordant

I looked through your posts, but I can't see whether if you're using a router or not. I think a lot of people fail to mention their setup which in return makes it hard for others to help. If you did post that part, then can you point me in the right direction?

For example:
(Using a router)
1.) EQEmu Server = On LAN - PC 1.
2.) Client = On same LAN - PC 2.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:57 AM
BFC
Fire Beetle

The Opcode error isn't what is preventing you from being successful, even though it looks like it is.

You have 1 or 2 things that are holding you up.

1) your server doesn't have all the appropriate ports open to the internet. To fix this temporarily, set your server machine as a DMZ or open ALL ports to and from that machine. This will let you know if that is what is causing you grief.

2) you don't have the player account setup properly in the database. It's vital that the IP of the connecting client matches the IP assigned to that same client in the database.

Either of those two things will result in getting kicked back to the login screen after they try to log in. The only thing you'll see on the server is the opcode error. This opcode error is NOT what is holding things up. I get the opcode error and everything works fine. Double check your server ports and player accounts in your database.

-BFC
Old 05-16-2006, 03:31 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I've noticed that when I try to setup multiple accounts at the same IP address I end up with errors every time I try to connect from one of them.

Also, something that I've done is completely switched away from is using the 127.0.0.1 address for everything other than the local client eqhost.txt file. I won't use 127.0.0.1 for anything else and it seems to fix a lot of the problems that will show up. Replace 127.0.0.1 in the config file and the database with your IP address (192.168.x.x most of the time) and it will resolve a lot of the issues that I've run into since finally getting it to work the first time.