Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Quote:
now how are the bots going to know when to cast a magic based slow or a disease based slow(Emperor Ssraeshza)?
There is already code that can be used to check a mobs resists and cast based on that. It is used atm in DDs and in slows.

Quote:
How will the bots know when to use single target slow or aoe slow
Now this code is not in atm as far as I can tell. I did notice a mob count function that was related to fear. If I am corect it checks how many mobs are in close proximity and not agroing and if its a certain number then fear isnt cast. I was looking at it thinking I might alter it to to start an agro check for aoe spells like aoe mez.

Quote:
Another issue I can see from live is some mobs are highly resistant to slow or even magic based spells but they are not flagged as immune….Gaukr Sandstorm is a good example of this…while not immune to magic he is so highly resistant most never bothered trying to slow him. It raises the question as to when will be bots stop trying to cast debuffs or will they just keep casting till they are out of mana. Seems like some tricky AI is headed someone’s way.
IMO this is exactly what this thread is about. Each of us probably has a different way of thining about this. As the contributers to this thread we all have a love of bots and we can come to some agreement about a structure that suits the needs/desires of each of us and then start a-codin'.
Using your last question as an example: Code could be implimented that checked a certain amount of casts before giving up on that spell and as resist checks are pretty easy to code there could be a range in which it is basically seen as immune. To me bot AI isn't very difficult to break down. A thought process is basically a tree and the branches are far from infinite.