Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Cutter
Sarnak

Default Evolution is now hiring

alright, I just bought a dedicated server.. and well im like sooo excited.. Thank you Sotonix for your advice..

ok here we go..

Evolution needs the following staff

web designer, must know php and some flash
Quest Creators and writers
GM's
zone builders.. (not open zone)just need someone to create mobs

Here are the qualifications I am looking for...

I am really looking for mature adults to work with me, my patience cannot handle kids.. so please do not apply if you are not over the age of 18.. This is a serious server and I just really want it done right... Im sorry if you dont like my judgements but since I am paying for this server out of my own pocket.. I feel I have the right to do this. I know many under the age of 18 exists on eqemu.. but thats just my preference..

also I need someone to follow directions.. I have been working on a clean database since day 1.. meaning I did not use anyones work .. I have created, mobs, items, main mobs, and zones on my own. I just do not want all my work ruined because the server will have a plot and story scenario to go by.. and I and only I knows this..

the last thing.. TRUST.. I need a staff i can trust... NO staff help with players.. that is one thing i just dont need on my server...
I need a dedicated staff that really wants a server playable..

oh one more last thing.. pls do not apply if you currently are working with a server.. That in my mind is just bad.. I know how hard it is to work on a server and to lose one of my staff to another server is just bad karma for me.. so im just respecting other hard working admins here..

Pls PM me in forums with qualifications, examples of work., or anything you can provide me.. I will be making a decision since i will have access to the new server in a few days..

Thank you for your time and this long drawn out post..
Old 09-23-2004, 10:57 AM
gayfag~
Banned

you have to tell us what your server is about if you want anyone to give any interest at all in developing it.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

This wasnt a post to reply to.. if you would have read above.. I SAID.. reply to me in PMS .. meaning... that most intelligent life forms here on earth would know that I would tell anyone you replied to me in PMS what the server is all about.. but thanks for pointing that out to me..
Old 09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
oobah
Fire Beetle

Default .....

I'm NOT over 18... But i wondered if i still may be of assistance...

I have been a GM on Scorp for 4 months ( No longer there... Not going into detail.. No it wasn't because i am a bad gm.. Cause I'm not.)

But if you still don't want me I understand.. But I am looking for a new GM job.

Email me if your interested Saux_Bloodshine@hotmail.com
Old 09-29-2004, 12:53 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Quote:
I'm NOT over 18... But i wondered if i still may be of assistance...

I have been a GM on Scorp for 4 months ( No longer there... Not going into detail.. No it wasn't because i am a bad gm.. Cause I'm not.)

But if you still don't want me I understand.. But I am looking for a new GM job.

Email me if your interested Saux_Bloodshine@hotmail.com
Everyone is a GM on Scorp's Server i logged on asked to be a gm and someone made me a gm...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
i logged on asked to be a gm
Now we know who to stay away from
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Everyone is a GM on Scorp's Server i logged on asked to be a gm and someone made me a gm...
How very not true.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

This thread was primarly made to ask for help on my server.. please mods.. with all due respect. would you please close this thread.. It was not to be a flaming topic of other servers, or other peoples intelligence.. only for just asking for help of good knowledgeable people..

Thank you in advance..
Cutter
Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Locked at author's request.