Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:24 AM
boogerific
Sarnak

Exactly, you're guessing. You have no idea about my life. Making assumptions about such things regarding anyone will expose your own limited insight.

In my day, parents didn't bribe kids into doing their chores. You did them and it was your *responsibility* to get them done. It was called building character and learning to be responsible, and it worked. You learned the value of a dollar from a *job* (mowing lawns in the neighborhood, paper route, etc). You did a good job and you got a sense of accomplishment from that, not from taking twice or three times longer than it should to get it done. If you got an allowance at all, it was just that; an allowance, not payment for services rendered.

Really, let's leave it alone now.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

No; money = time period. Thats the point parents teach their kids either by making them get a JOB™ (ie chores, independant work etc) to learn the value of the dollar. Upon learning that value, you realize that money=time, no two ways about it.

Therein and thereby doing so you "program" this in your head by valuing that money you earn. The harder it is to earn, the more you respect it.

I'm 47 years old. I know what it was like growing up on a farm, working for your dad for free/underpaid (like in tobbacco for 25 cents per hour) until he finally decides hes old enough to just give you the farm (no I didn't want the stinking farm =P).

I can drop it there if you wish.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
boogerific
Sarnak

So what do you get out of lying? You're either lying here or on your profile, stating you're 26 there. No doubt the egg on your face is dripping while you rush to rationalize and change your profile. Or will you just try to save face by claiming it's someone else's account? lol I won't presume to speak for anyone else, but to me you just sent you're believability down the tubes. Shame on you.

Looks like a great place to drop it to me. lol

oh, and from your profile:

Date of Birth:
April 7, 1981

Last edited by boogerific; 09-14-2007 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Revilor
Fire Beetle

I went on teamspeak a few times and it seems like no one is there.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerific View Post
So what do you get out of lying? You're either lying here or on your profile, stating you're 26 there. No doubt the egg on your face is dripping while you rush to rationalize and change your profile. Or will you just try to save face by claiming it's someone else's account? lol I won't presume to speak for anyone else, but to me you just sent you're believability down the tubes. Shame on you.

Looks like a great place to drop it to me. lol

oh, and from your profile:

Date of Birth:
April 7, 1981
a) Typo b) Something my wife did ....

*sweeting and wiping the "egg"*

Oh you mean how come my wife created my account and put my year of buth as 1981? You should ask her that =) She is here, Breea =)

Hmm... As for my real age, its on every other website that I'm on, about 30ish of them if you wish to take a look.
www.DivineReapers.org, emu.norrath.info, norrath.info, olympus-mods.divinereapers.org, Linux.net/forums, phpbb.com/community, gesh and I don't feel like taking much more time to fill out all of these sites... How about you just take my word for it =).

Quote:
I went on teamspeak a few times and it seems like no one is there.
got ya in I think.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

Default Server Update

From emu.norrath.info
Quote:
We are wrapping up development of our LoY expansion. Currently all quests are ready in LoY zones including Epics! We are also pinning down PoK at the moment and getting Omens, Depths, and Gates zones ready! At the moment we are working on zone points, then we will be placing mobs in the zones, and will be working on the zones in order from lowest zones downward.

So the zones that are next in line is Drannik's Scar, Noble's Causway, Lavaspinner's Lair, the Broodlands, and the new Lavastorm!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

We were down today for about 4 hours so everyone knows. Supposivdly our noc had a big outage where an a/c unit went bad on them and blew a breaker. Anyways we are back up... there is our 0.01% for the month =)

Right now it seems that our network is a bit laggy, I'm currently getting 371 ms pings to our servers in NC (servers are in CA) where I usually get about 82ms ping.

If that keeps up I'll be calling the NoC again.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Exudos
Banned

I would be the character he speaks of.
I'm level 43 now, and the server is honestly a lot of fun.
Extremely active GMs, GM events, it's just fun, haha.
And yeah, I don't play all that much, as I do have a life.
The server is all that he has said, and the exp rate is fine, it's really not that hard to get to 75 on EQ live in a few months.
In any case, the EXP is fine, the server is great, no lag at all, and the GM staff is extremely helpful.

My only complaint is this: You guys need to come play, I'm lonely ;_;
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
iceman88869
Fire Beetle

If SOE makes most of their money from expansions, why did they change two expansions coming out per year to one expansion per year? Is this the begining of the end? I would say their developers will not be able to stay ahead of the top end guilds with one expansion per year. Unless they practically put two expansions in one, which would make you think they would be losing money doing that.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

no lol, this is why that made a stupid ass card game LOL.

Here is the laugh...

During beta of Legends of Norrath (playable in any SoE EverQuest related game), they sold over $900,000.00 worth of merchandise... JUST DURING THE TWO WEEKS OF CLOSED BETA.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

We are very excited to bring the community up to speed on our newest developments.

So far we are about to release and open up the LoY expansions upon our server, and PoP will be next.

PoK, thanks to Breea and Suzuka is nearly complete!

We have also enhanced our players game-play by allowing GM's to play with the populations of the server on non-flagged accounts. Thats right every GM! We do not need GM's online on our server to fix things! =)

With the past release of our software our server is almost 80% run from a browser! Everything from Petitions, to account management, Quest writing, database NPC edits (PEQ Admin), and character management.

We have released our petition system to the community under the GNU/GPL license.

We have also developed a ranking system on our server where, you can see the overall progression of our server: http://emu.norrath.info/browser/ranks.php

Also we are also building one of the largest and community based wiki's known to the EQEMU community at http://emu.norrath.info/wiki . This is in light of the wiki here being totally destroyed by spammers every week.

We have created a wiki that is very secure and requires email verification (SO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!! =) ).

So far our hotzones have remained the same since we have started, however for some of the old timers on our server, this will be upsetting some balences that it has created! On Wendesday we will be changing our hotzones completely around, making the leveling process VERY rigerous and challenging!

We will also be opening the first ever EQEMU TeamSpeak server! This is for ALL servers to utilize for support, general chat, or anything else they might need.

To recap...

1. LoY is on the brink of release.
2. PoP is very near.
3. Our Server is 80% webrun.
4. Secure Wiki created for all at http://emu.norrath.info/wiki
5. New TeamSpeak server for the community.

We hope to contenue to be able to bennifit this community and bring the absoluete cutting edge EverQuest Emulation!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:17 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

I like what you did with the hot zones. 2x exp but 2x exp loss upon death. Is the information on the current hot zones in the wiki?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

Only in the forums... The wiki is more for the players, we are trying to keep the GMs out of there... So yeah, wiki = Players Forums = GMs/Players =)
Old 09-30-2007, 04:24 AM
joedan
Sarnak

Server looks nice and all but the amount of players kind of lacks...

I miss being able to do the big raids I guess:(
Old 09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Lalolyen
Banned

There is not much we can do about that. Right now there are just GM events to encourage participation on the server, but not great enough for those few playing to severely off-set the server for when we do get population on the server.

The only thing we can do is encourage people to play and have fun, the more they do, the more people that will participate and the more fun you will have in return.