Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:27 AM
brownc1
Fire Beetle

Wow, seriously, some people need to chill out. CD said that FNW was away on business, not a vacation first of all. Second of all, the problem will get straightened out, and the server will come back up. It always has and I expect it always will until someone makes the decision to pull the plug (unlikely).

At this point Im guessing that CD knows just as much about this as the rest of us do, which is not much. Getting on here, posting rants about how no one is doing anything, how bad we want to play, etc. is not helping the situation and is likely just causing frustration to those who are tasked with running this TEST server.

I think many times we tend to forget that testing not leisure is the main thrust of this project. Don't misunderstand, I wish the server was up too, but there is no point in ranting here when the situation is out of our (and CD's capable) hands.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM
badplayer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
The situation has already been explained.
Negative. Nobody said if it was a single IP which would indicate either a flood attack or poorly configured MQ scripts on a high bandwith connection or if it was from many IP's which would be more of a client/server configuration problem. From the way he said it in this thread, it sounded as if the server itself was compromised and being used to launch dos attacks or something. Since it only takes all of 5 minutes to determine if the problem is from a single IP or many IP's, it seemed extremely odd to me that nobody knows after weeks of it going on.

Since you claim that the problem has already been explained "steve", you tell me which one it is:

A) Server compromised and being used for attacks

B) Client/Server configuration problem

C) Flood from a single IP

D) Flood from many IP's indicating the macroquest build people are using is a problem when on a high bandwith connection
Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 PM
HolyCow
Fire Beetle

badplayer qualifies as major ass-troll extraordinaire. get a life.
It's not your server, lose the sense of entitlement. I hope they bring it up and leave it locked for a day just to spite dipshits like you.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post
badplayer qualifies as major ass-troll extraordinaire. get a life.
It's not your server, lose the sense of entitlement. I hope they bring it up and leave it locked for a day just to spite dipshits like you.
Lol im sorry but thats just funny Cow

Last edited by GeorgeS; 07-25-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 PM
brownc1
Fire Beetle

I dont know why you are so fixated on it being MQ2 over a FIOS connection. I heard that suggested as a possible problem one time and you have jumped all over that as the culprit of all of PEQs problems.

That being said CD does not have physical access to the box. FNW does but is out of town and if he knows the problem, likely the reason we havent heard anything is that FNW simply hasnt passed the information to CD.

Man the server goes down for a couple of days and people flip out and start pointing fingers and throwing crap every where. I hate to think what would have happened had some of these people been here in december when the server was down for almost a month.

Badplayer, if you cant take the server being down for a little bit, its time to either go play on another server, or find a new game. We dont need your impatience and disrespect for the people running the server and the host that is hosting it for FREE. We are a low priority on their list, we are not paying for hosting therefore we are at the bottom of the list.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

*Locked before this get out of hand

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
whitebandit
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisifuWiki View Post
Hi guys and gals.

Im wondering when the server Grand Creation gonna be up for play again , coz im bored and if the trouble gonna cost much time to repair.

Ill have got 2 friends ( rl friends ) who wants play with me , just both bought them firsts comps of his lives and them want play EQ with me , of course ill cant help if the server dont up.

For all those , can someone says me in how many days or weeks The Grand Creation server gonna come to the live ??

Many thanks and salutes from east coast of Spain.

I just now read that you were from spain but, nonetheless, this is the worst english i have ever read.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Some of you really need to read what I wrote. Thanks GeorgeS for locking this thread.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
bolt151
Fire Beetle

Default server missing from list

for 3 or 4 days now the grand creation server has been missing from my server list does anyone now why this is?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Khylie
Fire Beetle

Try looking here.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28825
Closed Thread