Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
vales
Discordant

You guys are free to discuss support for the server setup guide, but I won't be updating it here anymore (since I can't). I hightly recommend checking out the revised guide in my signature - now hosted on the wikki.

If there's anything as far as support questions go, feel free to post here and and someone is bound to offer some help when they can.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my problem, Vales? Lol. I've gone back and run the setup again from the guide in your sig and still same result.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

i do not get step 9 in this guild about creating another database called peqlogindb? as far as i have tried and messed arouind with this, nothing uses that database, it is using the account section in peq database and i think that is why i am having issues. i have a server up and runing but no one can log in and create their own account. only can log in if i create them an account in peq/account myself. so what is step 9 actually doing?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
vales
Discordant

It's using the new EQEmuLogin server. The database creation is for simplicity's sake. Minilogin is pretty much unsupported, afaik. I figured since the development is moving along with the new Login Server, that it would be a good idea to include it since mostly everyone is trying to run their own MiniLogin server and it's not really supported for multiple connections on the same LAN.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

I tried version 884 bots and no bots. I get a missing perl58.dll error

I insert the perl58.dll from a perl install from years ago and get "procedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags could not be located in perl58.dll

Any ideas? I followed the guide as written, I installed the perl5.10 as mentioned in guide, also uninstalled it and installed 5.8 still same issues.

Tried a crackheaded idea I thought of after writing this, renamed (after backing up) the perl510.dll to perl58 and got a different error altogether (no I did not expect this to work, but hey i'm annoyedly desperate) "procedure entry point Perl_Top_ptr could not be located in perl58.dll
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

nvm, a search found my answer...I would have cleared that post but 5 min timer expired to edit it.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
EQFAN2009
Fire Beetle

Default So what was the answer.

Great to hear that you got it sorted. What was the solution that resolved your problem?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnance1337 View Post
I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my problem, Vales? Lol. I've gone back and run the setup again from the guide in your sig and still same result.
Sorry, missed the post since it's kinda confusing with two topics with people responding in both. :P Can we get a lock on the other one that's not a sticky, please?

Did you by any chance have a EQEmu server set up prior to this?
Old 08-03-2009, 03:42 AM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Nope. First time setting up a server. I've noticed I'm not the only one getting the problem, too, yet no one has explained a solution.

I've gone back, completely uninstalled all items, then re-did your guide exactly as its posted again. Same result. Obviously, everything is working properly, as i can start my world.exe with the startup.bat file, and everything connects as it should. I just keep getting told my username and password are not valid when I try to log in my client. To me, that means that the settings are correct to connect, but something is getting confused by the loginserver with my username and pass.

I've checked everything over about 20 times, peqlogindb has the correct queries imported for the tblloginserver accounts and I'm definetly trying to connect my client with the username and password entered there.

I've got to be missing something that I just don't understand. If you need me to copy and paste settings, let me know. It's pretty much exactly as you have it in your guide, but it couldn't hurt I suppose.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Trance-

I actually had a very similar problem. I would try to create an account and for no rhyme or reason that account wasn't being recognized on login. Do this: keep creating new accounts with completely different usernames and passwords and eventually one will work. Don't delete the ones that don't work until you get one that does work. I can't explain this either. It doesn't make sense. I thought maybe it was the characters I was using in some of the account creations but that wasn't the case either. I was using nothing odd.

-Shiny
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

I am getting stuck on the following, highlighted in bold. What file is this and where is it found? I admit my naivete but I appear to be so close

11.) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.

Again, the red text is what you want to modify with your server name.
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The green number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

The .ini files that show up in your EQ directory won't show up until you have logged in with a character. If you know what name you are going to use, you can copy/rename a different .ini file to keep the same UI and settings. There are two files.

Capheus_PEQTGC.ini
UI_Capheus_PEQTGC.ini

The PEQTGC represents the short name of the server. So if my short name was Myworld, I would copy/rename the files as:

Capheus_Myworld.ini
UI_Capheus_Myworld.ini

When I looged into my new server, or any server depending on how you/they named it, I would have the same setup as I did for the PEQ server.

I am guessing you setup your database to use PEQLoginDB for your database name. If you want to easily see the contents, I would suggest getting Navicat lite or HeidiSQL to see the contents.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:21 AM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

Thanks Capheus!

Now, unfortunately, I am being plagued with a perl510.dll error

One day I'll figure all of this out
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

You are gonna want to get ActivePerl 5.10.0.1007.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
smcallister88
Fire Beetle

Default Login Server errors

Upon launching the login server, at the end, i get:

[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: SELECT max(ServerID) FROM tblworldserverregisteration
[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: UPDATE tblworldserverregisteration SET ServerLastLoginDate = now(), ServerLastIPAddr = '127.0.0.1' where ServerID = 0

Where would be a good place to start looking? I checked out login.ini and eqemulogin.ini so far both look perfect...