Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:57 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

As promised, eqitems editor now supports the ability to equip your bots via manual equipping and via saved profiles. If let's say you have a high level warrior, select the high level gear for a warrior and it's auto equipped. You can also create custom profiles. My other tool NPC editor will quickly create BOTS. I use these tools all the time and they save much time.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Good stuff, Georges, thank you.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damilis View Post
Also, I dunno if its a bug or just not implimented correctly yet, but when two actual players are in a group and someone adds a Bot, the Bot doesnt show up in the Group list to anyone else but the person who added it and shortly there after the zone crashes. Anyone else have this issue?
Two players in the same group with bots isn't supported for the moment. What you can do is to create 2 groups, on per player.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
Two players in the same group with bots isn't supported for the moment. What you can do is to create 2 groups, on per player.
Ok, okay, so thats what was meant by 'multiplayer support' ! Gotcha. Nice work by the way, this makes EQEmu a completely new experience for me.... just when I was starting to get burned out!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
As promised, eqitems editor now supports the ability to equip your bots via manual equipping and via saved profiles. If let's say you have a high level warrior, select the high level gear for a warrior and it's auto equipped. You can also create custom profiles. My other tool NPC editor will quickly create BOTS. I use these tools all the time and they save much time.

GeorgeS

That will be a time saver, I spent about an hour equiping 23 bots for raiding..lol.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Important stuffs about EQoffline.

As I'm actually working on the next update wich will have 3 important changes, I would like to have your advise.

1/ The mana regen.
As you ve probably noticed, some fights are really easy in raid. That's because the bots do exactly what they have to do under certain situations. But that's because, also, of their mana regen. To give more fun, more challenge, I could drastically remove the mana regen of the bots. But that will mean that we will have a real downtime instead of the actual version wich is more arcade.

2/ The bot melee's damage.
Actually, if a bot uses a crappy weapon or a very good one, the damage output is the same. STR/AGI/DEX etc... are not criteria for the melee output in the actual version of EQoffline.
Looks like some peeps want to keep the melee damage like it is right now while others would like to make it so it will force the player to equip his bots with the right stuff.
I think it could be more fun to make the melee dps depending of the stuff, caracs and buffs...

3/ Bots managment
In the next update, you won't be able to spawn two times the same bot in a zone.
Also, someone asked me to make the command "#bot spawn" unavailable if we're engaged. What do you guys think about that ?

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Important stuffs about EQoffline.

As I'm actually working on the next update wich will have 3 important changes, I would like to have your advise.

1/ The mana regen.
As you ve probably noticed, some fights are really easy in raid. That's because the bots do exactly what they have to do under certain situations. But that's because, also, of their mana regen. To give more fun, more challenge, I could drastically remove the mana regen of the bots. But that will mean that we will have a real downtime instead of the actual version wich is more arcade.

Actually, if a bot uses a crappy weapon or a very good one, the damage output is the same. STR/AGI/DEX etc... are not criteria for the melee output in the actual version of EQoffline.
Looks like some peeps want to keep the melee damage like it is right now while others would like to make it so it will force the player to equip his bots with the right stuff.
I think it could be more fun to make the melee dps depending of the stuff, caracs and buffs...

3/ Bots managment
In the next update, you won't be able to spawn two times the same bot in a zone.
Also, someone asked me to make the command "#bot spawn" unavailable if we're engaged. What do you guys think about that ?

Mag

I would suggest a command that can turn these features on, or off. Maybe something like:

#bot regen low
#bot regen high

Or

#bot use item damage on
#bot use item damage off

I think this would work well, then if you did not want to use these options you wouldn't be forced to
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Bjerlk
Fire Beetle

Well I for one would love to see the management/itemizing of the bots to be a part of the offlne experiment.

What else would I do with all the stuff I find
As for the manaregen rate. Sure its a bit too easy now. But then again it shouldnt be boring either. Need to tune it. Lets try low for a patch and see...

Spawning as in combat is too a bit easy. Sounds fair to have it removed/unavailable as you are engaged (witha DE female at least )

Spawning same bot isnt realy a problem if you choose not to have them gear dependant. But IF you do. Then suddenly they can become too powerful in masses if you get your hands on some uber gear for a specific type of character...

I vote for not being able to spawn same bot over and over again. ut in the same time. Needing 40 or so bots equipped for a major raid just seems stupid... Maybe raids could limit it to 3 or so per botnpc?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I think you should make them all rules and let the server op decide. Botregen and a value, botstrictcombat true or false, spawnlimit and a value, and canspawnincombat true or false. Something along those lines.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
1/ The mana regen.

I would definitely like to see a bot benefit from enhancing it's gear. If it's using a rusty dagger, or an Ifir, the Bot should be far more effective with the latter. Loading your bots up with stats gear makes them more effective fighters, or should right? This would inspire the player/bot owner to continually upgrade their bots with new stuff.

As for regen and strict vs lazy bot melee rules, I agree with cavedude - if they were rules, the server admin could decide globally.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Updates:
--------

For a best challenge, I've done some changes.

1/ Items, stats and buffs became very important criterias for the melee damage output. Better will be the stuff of your bots, better will be the dps. The buffs will seriously augment the DPS of your bots, also.
2/ Spawning bots while engaged (you or your group) isn't allowed anymore.
3/ Spawning the same bot in a zone isn't allowed anymore.
4/ The bot's mana regen has been reworked. Engaged, their mana regen will be slow. Not engaged, it will be very fast.
5/ As asked, the way the bots are following their leader has been reworked. No more bots in front of the leader wich caused targetting issues.

Window's Binaries: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar
Source's package: http://eqoffline.free.fr/EQEmu-EQOffline.rar

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

/grovel

I bow before thee.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Any news on someone making this work into a diff file, or the latest updates to the emu source into a diff file for Magoth.... would be nice to run an updated server with the eqoffline bots, instead of the, now quickly becoming antiqueted, server....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Zengez, can't you diff the version Magoth is using against it's original source, and merge the changes into a current version? I don't think Magoth should bump all his changes from version to version just so we stay on the latest... and, I am not sure this will become "core" because it is so very custom (though it could be a nice addition). The problem for over a year has been no one has labeled anything a "stable" version. I personally use the 931 build as an anchor point because it matches the Luclin PEQ database... but even that is not tagged as "stable". No one has gone through and tested every feature to give it that tag in some time.

Maybe when we go Anniversary, we'll branch to 0.8.0 and start all over.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Little but important update:

1) Each bot has now a real leader who is an unique character. Other characters won't be able to deal with the bots they don't own. Only the bot owner will be able to spawn/group/degroup/equip/unequip his bots.
2) #bot list, will show all the bots. You will can see the tag "(YOUR BOT)" if you own a bot in the list.
3) #bot listmine, will only show your bot.
4) To own a bot, that's simple. Create it, then spawn it. It becomes your bot, definitly. For the bots that you have already created, just spawn them one time, they will become your bot.
5) As asked, DPS casters have been upped a bit (they cast a bit more in fight).

Window's binaries: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar
Sources: http://eqoffline.free.fr/EQEmu-EQOffline.rar

Database update:
-- Table "botsowners" DDL

CREATE TABLE `botsowners` (
`botnpctypeid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`botleadercharacterid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`botnpctypeid`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

(http://eqoffline.free.fr/README.txt upgraded)

All thoses things need to be tested but they seem to be working well.

Later and good week-end,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 08-02-2007 at 07:28 PM..
Closed Thread