Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
DeanTodd
Fire Beetle

Default This noob needs help

I just recently dived into the world of EQ server emulation, and followed Techguy84's guide about as close as possible. I checked and doublechecked, but I still get the same problem.

I am using minilogin and the AX Classic database. Those have been successfully installed and they run just fine. I run minilogin, and then my start.bat, and it does successfully connect to one server.
I'm using Windows XP sp2, PIV 3.5ghz, a Radeon 9700; I'm not sure this has anything to do with it, but I thought I'd add that bit.

My eqemu_config.xml reads:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Adanos</shortname>
<longname>Adanos</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>192.168.1.23</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.23</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>DienoMes7</password>
<db>ax_classic</db>
</database>
</server>

(My ip address according to ipconfig is 192.168.1.23)

AND,
my loginserver.ini (in my minilogin folder) reads,

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.23
loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Adanos
worldaddress=192.168.1.23
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999
- My minilogin and eqemu are in different folders, I'm not sure that is correct or not-
And last but not least,
my eqhost file in my Everquest directory (C:\Everquest ; it's not the default installation directory)
:
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.1.23:5999

I am behind a router as well. I opened a ton of ports that I have seen throughout the EQemu config files, but to no avail.
When I start the start.bat file, in the task manager, I do see all the programs running successfully, (World.exe, eqlaunch.exe, zone.exe, minilogin.exe)
and after I wait about a minute and see minilogin tell me "1 server connected" I run the command prompt C:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme
When I use an account name I created with mysql, I get a message in the minilogin window "1 user connected at 192.168.1.23" or something of that sorts. So, all seems well at this point, but so far, I've not been able to actually see my server on the list. (Its name is Adanos, as seen above).

I'm not really a network wizard; I'm sure a number of people here at eqemulator are, considering it's not the most simple of processes. Is there anything I can do to get this thing up and running? I am only concerned in starting a server for LAN usage, but possibly public usage in the future.
Help of any sorts would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 AM
DeanTodd
Fire Beetle

Ex that.. I've got it working. =)
But, on an off-topic;

Anyone know of a program or method of editing class spells/abilities, NPC health, gameplay rules/mechanics/etc?
I had originally planned on doing a huge overhaul of EQ to make it a tad more casual than the original. Does anyone have suggestions?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Alot of stuff has been added as rules, such as changing hp and mana regen rates and whatnot... But most of that stuff you asked about is going to require actual code changes to the emulator.... i.e. essentially rebuilding them game, rather than just editing some fields somewhere.

Some of that stuff however is database controlled, such as npc statistics, which you can edit in the SQL tables. again anything to dictate gameplay rules is either in the rules section or hardcoded in general though, so not alot of lee-way in what you want to do...

That being said, code some stuff up and post it, people will use it! that's how we grow.