Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default PEQ Merchant List Revised

Well, here it is, the revised PEQ merchantlist I promised. Most all trash is cleaned out, I did my best not to remove anything needed. There still is tweaking that needs to be done, but this is a good start.
I noticed a lot of stuff like sow potions, gate potions 'hidden' on vendors ( I'm sure they didn't come with the packets ), so I'll show you all how I did this so you can keep watch on your lists (only takes one person with power to edit the list and add a hidden sow or what ever item in there).
I had three windows up;

1-PEQ php editor, ONLY so I could get a good 'visual' of what the vendor had.
2-MySQL Query Browser (any will do , GeorgeS Browser, NavCat, etc.) again ONLY for getting a view of the querys on items and what they were.
3-MySql Shell, here is where I ran my 'mass-delete' querys.

The first querys were easy, for example 'rusty' stuff
Code:
SELECT * FROM items where name regexp 'rusty';
Shows where all the rustys are, and I see most between 5000 and 7000, so
Code:
SELECT * FROM items where id >=5000 and id <=7000;
now i have my first list of weapons, and only need to know what the vendors might have, we know rustys need to go so in my shell;
Code:
DELETE FROM merchantlist where item >=5013 and item<=5040;
That will clean out around 700 unwanted items from all the merchants in the merchantlist.
After the initial stuff I knew by memory didn't belong, I went to my PEQ Editor and started with Gfay merchants, went down the list one by one, pegging things that were unwanted, since most items from a given zone fall in the same area in items table, I would query around the item I saw. for example I saw an orc hachet with item id 12108;
Code:
SELECT * FROM items where id >=12100 and id <=12200;
and I can see a lot of stuff that can go- for one;
Code:
DELETE FROM merchantlist where item>=12105 and item <=12110;
gets rid of a few other items (fairy dust) and the orc hatchet on ALL the merchants.
This went on for a few days, really, once you clear Gfay and PoK, you're pretty much done. The beauty of it is, when you delete an item from merchantlist table, ALL the items go at once. PoK has Items from all zones, by the time you get to another zone, there's little left to do.
Things like tradeskill items; Sow potions, gate or any other skilled potions, runes, words, all that stuff is part of the game and really needs to be dropped off mobs ( if you ever want to see this aspect of EqEmu to flourish). having them permanently on vendors kills the fun and 'sport' of it. BTW, if you decide to use this list, you will not find any of the above 'dropped' tradeskill items available anymore just as it is on live (all these things were very neatly arranged in order, in the items list, very easy to remove from the merchant list).
merchantlist_temp ; I really can't figure this one out, I said it worked because I only tried it at a few vendors in Gfay. but going around to other zones and other vendors , in PoK, I couldn't find a vendor there where it would work, I did find vendors in both Qeynos zones, Kithicore, Akanon. It's wierd. I spent most of yesterday looking for a pattern, and couldn't find anything ( I know it's something simple). it seems the lower zone/vendors have a better chance of all that working right.
ALL vendors place their newly bought items in the merchantlist_temp table, just some ( a lot) don't show them back. You can sell an arrow to a bugged vendor, and he'll take it and place it for sale, then drop window, bring him up again if you look good, you'll see the arrow you sold him 'poof'. now sell him another of the same arrows, he'll think he's showing it to you so he'll add it to the what he has- there'll be two arrows in the merchantlist_temp list and he never displayed the second one.