Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

Default Legends of the Damned, back in action

Hello emu community. I have been out of action on the community for some time now, probably around 2 years, but I am back, and now have a reliable host for the server so I am rebuilding the server from the ground up. For those of you that played on the original Legends of the Damned server, I will be implementing some things that you might remember from the original server, but there will be many many new things. NPCs will be alot more informative of the lore of the server, zones are not going to be the old ones (though some may be re-used), and hopefully things will be much more balanced.

For those of you that did not play the original LotD or did not get onto the server during the short time it was open, you can look forward to almost 100% custom items (of course spells, and spell regs are not custom items) and 100% custom NPCs and quests. I am looking to build a challenging server that may not require grouping, but will probably require some person-to-person interaction in other forms (something I see missing from alot of emu servers). There will be no free levels, no NPC to scribe your spells for you, so don't plan on playing a class because they get spells that are "broken" in Emu because that class will most likely never receieve that spell or line.

The server is still in dev at this time, and I am constantly changing things for balance atm. For those of you that tested in those couple of days that the server was unlocked, I would like to say thank you, as I got some very good feedback and learned alot from it. At this time I do not have any date for the server to be live as there is alot of custom content to add.

Anyway, just wanted to drop some info here, and say hi to everyone that remembers me. I have some forums up where I am attempting to keep up every little thing I'm doing along the way, but be patient, it is a free site, and can be very slow at certain times. http://lotd.43i.org
Old 09-06-2006, 10:26 AM
ajb20
Hill Giant

I am looking for a couple of people willing to help do some testing here and there on the server as we work on it. It is a ton of new content for only 2 people to be checking and I would like some other eyes to look things over and test functionality. Check out the website for more information.

http://lotd.43i.org