Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:02 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

Default Question, do not know where else to ask

Hey,
I do not know where else to ask...

I was interested in knowing if anyone has modified Invision Powerboard or the EQEmu or some bulletin board software, so that someone can login as their login name on your board?

Like say I log in to my server with login server name of say j00admin pass aas

Anyone know a way on getting that to work with the bulletin board?

I realize your LS pass doesnt go into database when you go on a server, so I am unsure on how this would work...

Any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

The other servers have managed to link a forum account name on their private forums with a logon server account in the following ways:

- Create some # command that does the linking. This command accepts two arguments: the forum username to be linked with, and that forum account's current password.

Example, if I made a forum account on your board called rangergs, then logged onto your game server using my standard eqemu login:
#forumlink rangergs r@ng3r

- If a new account logs onto your game server, the game informs them through a client message that they must link their forum account. Either you can "freeze" them by sending a gm-freeze packet until they do, or you could put a timer that kills their connection if they don't do it within 60 seconds, or something to that effect. Until they register a forum account and link it with your link command, they're limited in their ability to play on your server.

(This will require a little modification of your account table to hold what the account's linked forum name is. It will also require some code modification.)
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:15 PM
gottasummer
Discordant

ah, cool... thanks.