Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Kayen
Developer

Default Instancing and Doors?

Is there any trick to getting doors to show up in an instanced version of a zone. I tried to copy and paste a zones doors and then just update the ID's and set them to version 1 (version of instance i was working on) in Mysql, however to my dismay they still don't seem to be loading into the instance.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
trevius
Developer

I believe the new #object command has an option to copy all objects for use in an instance. Hopefully at some point, we can get a #door version of that command that will make it easy to do for doors as well. I haven't messed around with instancing much yet, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Sounds like you did it properly.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Krugus
Sarnak

Post ....

Well I set up an instance a few weeks ago for a quest. Added doors to the instance and just jumped back and forth between multi instances to adjust the doors and other objects I added.

If you just basically copied the tables and set them to version 1 I'm not sure why its not working but then again I'm using the PHP based PEQ-DB editor found on this site to work on my database most of the time (thanks Cavedude! and all the others that worked on it )

Only thing I can think of is the quest script your using to get people into the instance is not putting them into the correct zone or instance?

Here is the quest script I'm using to get players into the Instance:

Code:
# move event
# Port 2 Instance Dungeon
#

sub EVENT_SPAWN
{
	quest::say("I have arrived.  Command me oh great one.");
	quest::depop(69178);
}

sub EVENT_SAY
{
my $erod = quest::saylink("eroding");
my $ent = quest::saylink("enter");
my $sol = quest::saylink("solo");
my $grp = quest::saylink("group");
my $ldr = quest::saylink("leader");
my $pmb = quest::saylink("party member");

if($text=~/hail/i){
		if($ulevel >= 23)
		{
		quest::say("I am the Guardian of the Portal to the Lost Temple.  There was once a powerful ward on the Temple to keep out looters but like everything else, Time has a way of $erod away even the most powerful of magics...");
		}
		else
		{
		quest::say("You are not yet powerful enough to enter the Temple.  Seek me out when you are more powerful, young one.");
		}
	   }
		if($text =~ /eroding/i){
		quest::say("The Ward will sooner or later discover you and use its magics to port you out of the Temple but till then you'll be trapped inside till you discover the way out.  Do you still wish to $ent?");
		}
		if($text =~ /enter/i){
		quest::say("Do you wish to enter the Portal $sol (with Merc's) or with a $grp (no Merc's).  If with a $grp, please allow the Leader go before the others follow.");
		}
		if($text =~ /solo/i){
		my $i_id = quest::GetInstanceID("ferubi", 1);
		if($i_id > 0)
		{
		quest::MovePCInstance(284, $i_id,-0.2,120.2,127.1);
		}
		else
		{
		my $i_id = quest::CreateInstance("ferubi", 1, 10810);#1 hour = 3600, so 10800 would = 3 hour instance.
  		quest::AssignToInstance($i_id);
		}
	}
if($text =~ /group/i){
		quest::say("Are you the Group's $ldr or just a $pmb?  Please allow the Group's Leader to enter the Portal before the rest of the Party!");
	}
if($text =~ /leader/i){

if($client->IsGrouped())
		{ 
			if($i_id > 0)
			{
			}
			else
			{
			my $i_id = quest::CreateInstance("ferubi", 1, 7210);#1 hour = 3600
  			quest::AssignGroupToInstance($i_id);
			}
		}
		else
		{
		$client->Message(5, "Portal Guardian tells you, Thats funny.... I don't see anyone else with you?  Are they invisible or just really short?");
		}
	}
if($text =~ /party member/i){
		if($i_id > 0)
		{
		}
		else
		{
  			quest::say("You must allow the party leader to go in first to light the way....");
		}
	}
}

I have two other scripts (I'm still learning), one that spawns this guy. This guy depops another mob and when the mob that his guy depop's spawns again, it will depop him. Keeps him from being up all the time.

Anyways, this works like a charm. Can have a group enter with you or you can zone in by yourself.

Hope this helps.