Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Login Server issues?

Hi all,

I surfed around and didn't see anything about this, so I figured I'd ask. The last two days (that's 8/11 and 8/12) when attempting to log on to Grand Creation I get the standard hesitation after clicking the 'Play Everquest' button, but then it kicks me back to the login screen. At that point I have to exit EQ entirely to get it going again, and the same thing happens. I tried two different accounts and also tried getting on other servers but the same thing happened. I haven't had any recent changes to hardware or software configuration in my box but haven't tried a second machine yet. I thought I'd ask if this is a known issue before I started digging too much.

Thanks,
B.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Cripp
Discordant

how many attempts did you try on a server?
maybe just keep trying on same server/account and should work eventually..maybe..

www.nugblazers.com
Old 08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Are you running a fresh unmodified install of Titanium? If you have downloaded any custom files for certain servers, it could possibly cause this issue.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the responses.

I'd guess I tried a dozen times. I've played enough on Emu to get that 'feeling' that I'm not going to get logged in. Again, it hesitates briefly (when it normally goes to Desktop for a few seconds and then the loadscreen.jpg comes up) but then kicks me right back to login.

Tried two accounts and different servers. No changes to custom files.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM
zutfen
Fire Beetle

This has been happening to me more often than not lately. And from what I've seen from OOC comments on The Grand Creation, it's a pretty common issue.

The login server is simply not functioning right for some people; whether that's connection based (same network ranges, ISPs, what-have-you) or it's an issue with the login server, is obviously, left to be discovered.

Any given night I may need to try to log in for 20+ minutes before actually connection properly. Either I get a timeout, a blank server list, or just can't connect to the server of my choice.

I am running an unmodified, legally purchased Titanium client, have 6Mbit cable connection and have been playing on EQEmu servers for literally years. This issue has only recently (last few months) been an issue.

Maybe we need to start compiling some information regarding ISPs, first 2 octets of IP addresses, etc to make sure this isn't a connectivity issue for those that are affected.

Otherwise, can we get official word on the status of the Login Server, based on logs perhaps? Is the CPU getting pegged doing some outside task, or processing too many login attempts at once possibly? It seems like EQEmu is only getting more popular, is the LS not up to par with the demand being placed upon it? (This is all speculation, obviously, but you get my point.)

I'd love to get to the bottom of this, and I'm willing to work with others of like mindset to do so! Let's put our heads together and find out what's going on!

Last edited by zutfen; 08-15-2008 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: Removed the Department of Redundancy Dept. was removed. =P
Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Flare83
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zutfen View Post
This has been happening to me more often than not lately. And from what I've seen from OOC comments on The Grand Creation, it's a pretty common issue.

The login server is simply not functioning right for some people; whether that's connection based (same network ranges, ISPs, what-have-you) or it's an issue with the login server, is obviously, left to be discovered.

Any given night I may need to try to log in for 20+ minutes before actually connection properly. Either I get a timeout, a blank server list, or just can't connect to the server of my choice.

I am running an unmodified, legally purchased Titanium client, have 6Mbit cable connection and have been playing on EQEmu servers for literally years. This issue has only recently (last few months) been an issue.

Maybe we need to start compiling some information regarding ISPs, first 2 octets of IP addresses, etc to make sure this isn't a connectivity issue for those that are affected.

Otherwise, can we get official word on the status of the Login Server, based on logs perhaps? Is the CPU getting pegged doing some outside task, or processing too many login attempts at once possibly? It seems like EQEmu is only getting more popular, is the LS not up to par with the demand being placed upon it? (This is all speculation, obviously, but you get my point.)

I'd love to get to the bottom of this, and I'm willing to work with others of like mindset to do so! Let's put our heads together and find out what's going on!
Same here Time Warner Cable 76.179.*.*