Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot Connect Whatsoever

First off, let me say that I HAVE read through many pages of forum posts looking for the answer to this.

After discovering that Anniversary wasn't compatible, I found and installed Titanium. I did NOT patch it to Live, and changed the eqhost document. I made the proper shortcut, and I've been trying to get it to run. It stilll seems to think it's connected to Live, though. I try to log in using the EQEmu name and password I specified here, but I get the standard error:

"A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

If the problem persists, please check our Network Status and Sceduled Downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists, please use our Help Link for further assistance."

I am just trying to connect to a "standard" server for the moment, not a minilogin. All of that said, what should I do?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Just pm'd You, Let me know if that works.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

Well, that worked for the most part. I can get to the server list now--Thanks!

Unfortunately, EQ dies whenever I try to connect to a server. Doesn't matter what the server is. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
walkthewalk
Fire Beetle

Hey i have the same exact issue, if you don’t mind, really appreciate it
Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 PM
walkthewalk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranai View Post
First off, let me say that I HAVE read through many pages of forum posts looking for the answer to this.

After discovering that Anniversary wasn't compatible, I found and installed Titanium. I did NOT patch it to Live, and changed the eqhost document. I made the proper shortcut, and I've been trying to get it to run. It stilll seems to think it's connected to Live, though. I try to log in using the EQEmu name and password I specified here, but I get the standard error:

"A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

If the problem persists, please check our Network Status and Sceduled Downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists, please use our Help Link for further assistance."

I am just trying to connect to a "standard" server for the moment, not a minilogin. All of that said, what should I do?

I mean the same issue as Aranai above, still can't seem to get it to login with my username/password, keep getting the same message.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Well, if both of you can get to the Server screen and see the servers listed, then you may not have an ACTUAL Titanium Copy.... Torrent Downloads do NOT work...

Can't guarantee it will help, but try to login to my Test Server, Kittens World and I'll check the logs and see if I can tell why you can't login.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

Alrighty, just tried. Froze as usual.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Alrighty, just tried. Froze as usual.
Try it again. Nothing looks wrong, recognizes you as a Titanium Client and added your account name....
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

Nope. Still clunks out the instant I hit "connect".
Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Nope. Still clunks out the instant I hit "connect".
Are you using the default UI?

What resolution are you running? If it's high, lower to something normal like 1024 X 768.

Did you install Titanium in a NEW directory or over the old install. If not new, re-install in new directory.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid
Are you using the default UI?
Yep.

Quote:
What resolution are you running? If it's high, lower to something normal like 1024 X 768.
I'm running 1280x800, I'll try sizing it down.

Quote:
Did you install Titanium in a NEW directory or over the old install. If not new, re-install in new directory.
Eh? What's wrong with the default directory?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
walkthewalk
Fire Beetle

I still can't seem to get past the login screen =/
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Are you using a router?
Are you using a firewall of any kind?

Make sure you have ports 5998, 7000~7100 (typical, but can be as high as the server you play on specifies), and 9000. From the sounds of it, 5998 is routing correctly since you can see the server list, but the others are not since you cannot login to any server.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Router has nothing to do with playing the game unless your running your own server. Then you need to open those ports to the server, not the client.

Nothing wrong with the default directory, but if you overwrote the anniversary edition, that could be a problem. Maybe a left over ini that is causing a problem...Just a thought.

Just so we are clear, the Titanium Version you have is actually on the discs from the Titanium Bundle, not downloaded ?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Aranai
Fire Beetle

I bought Anniversary over a year ago, played on Live for a couple months (by that point I didn't have the funds to pay for a monthly subscription anymore), and then I stopped. Found EQEmu, tried to get it to run. Discovered that Anniversary is not compatible. Completely uninstalled it, searched local stores for Titanium. No such luck. So, I went and downloaded it until such a time as I could find it for sale.