Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
spoon
Sarnak

The trace implies that the server is hosted somewhere near Denver, Colorado.
Code:
  9    50 ms    49 ms    49 ms  vl3802.na01.b000544-0.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.66.170] 
 10   175 ms   189 ms    50 ms  TelosOnline.demarc.cogentco.com [66.28.21.42] 
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
As does the whois:
============
Registrant Contact:

Trevius Edit: Removed this info. Whether it is accurate or not, it is completely useless for this topic and doesn't belong on these forums. Yes, some info is easy to find via a search, but that doesn't mean it is ok to start tracking people down openly unless they are causing a major disruption here.
============

But thats not always 100% accurate

However, it could be why Cavedude is MIA

Last edited by trevius; 12-17-2008 at 01:58 AM..
Old 12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
paxprobellum
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax5 View Post
I'm just trying to set a server up for the first time and am having a problem downloading the db and the quests the error I'm getting is in cvs
Code:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq checkout -P -- peq_db (in directory C:\PEQ-Quests)
Unable to initialize the CVS process: The system cannot find the file specified.
is this the server you are talking about?
We're talking about PEQ The Grand Creation (located at projecteq.net). However, what you are trying to access is at sourceforge.net. So yes, but no.

You might be interested in this:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...d.php?p=142192
Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
81champions
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down

doubt the power outage is the problem not sure tho it would be nice but the server was restarting then never came back up i think unknowns zombies drove over it with a bus
Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
The trace implies that the server is hosted somewhere near Denver, Colorado.
Code:
  9    50 ms    49 ms    49 ms  vl3802.na01.b000544-0.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.66.170] 
 10   175 ms   189 ms    50 ms  TelosOnline.demarc.cogentco.com [66.28.21.42] 
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
"area edited"

But thats not always 100% accurate

However, it could be why Cavedude is MIA

donno if this is important or not but...

i know anyone who knows what they're doing can pull that information up but you might want to consider that if that address & name is the correct person hosting the server (or isnt shrug) they might not want their name & home address posted on this forum. a telephone number is veeery easy to find with that info and theres no telling how many calls he might get asking "whens the server going to be up??!!"

anyways, just saying, might wana pull that name/addy out of your post before it pisses the wrong guy off possibly bro.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
paxprobellum
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
anyways, just saying, might wana pull that name/addy out of your post before it pisses the wrong guy off possibly bro.
Yer, especially since the address you gave is some dude's house -- I don't think this is the commercial hosting site of PEQTGC:

Trevius Edit: I removed the image. I understand your concern about the server, but attempting to track down the team members here is not going to help anything and is a bit disrespectful.

Last edited by trevius; 12-17-2008 at 02:03 AM..
Old 12-15-2008, 11:46 PM
afx
Fire Beetle

lol i love the picture of the house... well im sure peq will come back up, this just gives us to enjoy the outside for a while... cause you know once its back up we won't go out for another year or so :P
Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 AM
spoon
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
donno if this is important or not but...

i know anyone who knows what they're doing can pull that information up but you might want to consider that if that address & name is the correct person hosting the server (or isnt shrug) they might not want their name & home address posted on this forum. a telephone number is veeery easy to find with that info and theres no telling how many calls he might get asking "whens the server going to be up??!!"

ummm... I guess. But I would also think anyone who would care would also know how to type "whois projecteq.net" so its not like its causing any harm. If it does, I'm sorry. If you don't want your info known, don't publish it in the yellow pages (of the internet).
Old 12-16-2008, 02:34 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxprobellum View Post
Yer, especially since the address you gave is some dude's house -- I don't think this is the commercial hosting site of PEQTGC:
the whois address it gives is the address of the person that registered the domain, or who currently owns it, of course the hosting site wouldn't own it, who ever owns the website would (aka CD, or someone paying the bill for CD)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Funno
Fire Beetle

Hmm... Still no updates? Does this mean that CD can't access the internet at all?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

The server is hosted in the west, the power outage is not the problem with it. It was San Fran before it's move during September, I'm not sure where it is located now, but it didn't move far. CD on the other hand MIGHT be located in the NE, and the power outage may be keeping him from responding. He will post a response when he is able I'm sure.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:37 PM
KLS
Administrator

I had talked to him day before yesterday and basically he said he didn't post because he didn't have an update. Haven't seen him since early yesterday though.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Funno
Fire Beetle

When he said that he doesn't have an update, does it mean that he doesn't know what's wrong?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
trevius
Developer

Is that Funno from Drinal/GotK? If so, how have you been man? Long time no see lol Sorry about the thread derail :P
Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Funno
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Is that Funno from Drinal/GotK? If so, how have you been man? Long time no see lol Sorry about the thread derail :P
I actually played on RZ =P. This is my first pve server ever and I'm having a blast so far. Can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I quit EQ live.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Sorry guys, I know just as much as you all do. Though, I suspect the problem is hardware related like last time.

In any event, PEQ will be back up eventually even if I have to host it myself.
Closed Thread