Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:30 AM
Darktanion
Sarnak

Default Personal Server Issues

Hi all,
Hope things are going well for you today. I have a running copy of eqemu for my own personal use, however. I have tried to find the .maps files and I used a link that allowed me to download them from Rogean however when it got to 83% it errored. How messed up that was since I am on dial up and it took 13hrs just to get that far lol. I found another site that I am trying right now hopefully that one will work. I am curious about a few topics that I have come across that have caught my attention.
1. I read on a post about eqadmin and I am thinking I need that to fix a few problems that I am having. While in the game I go to Qeynos and all the doors in the town are doubled up so I open one door and there is another door still there so I cannot enter any buildings. Any clues on that one would be helpful.
2. I read that you have to load the db.ini to the newest DBUpdate for the velious version, not sure what that means or how to even do that at this point, any help on that one would be great also.
3. When I downloaded the CVS it worked just fine to load the quests into a collection on my cpu and I just put them into the folder quests. However I noticed that the binders have no hail method used, I am familiar with RunUO scripting and though it is similar it is quiet different too at the same time. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on the how to formulate my own wording to make the npc's work right or if there are files already done that I can grab and stick into the .pl quests folder I have.
4. The quests that are in the folders and placed into the quest folder under eqemu also do not work at all on my server. I am not exaclty sure y not since they are all there and they all have wording on them well at least most of them do. I downloaded them also just to be sure from the PEQ_QuestPack online and it seems to be the same thing. Any clues or links would be of great help and use to other noobs out there that need to understand on a deeper level of how the .maps work and the eqadmin and the quests how to download them better and make them run that would be a great tutorial if it existed somewhere.
5. I just wanted to thank those of you who have taken your own time out from what your doing and helping out those of us in need of understanding the language and the formats of most files for running minilogin and in general. You all deserver a pat on the back and a big THANKS SO MUCH
Old 05-04-2005, 09:54 AM
solid11
Discordant

I'll try to answer a couple. The db.ini question you had is a bit confusing. You don't need to do anything special with it for use with velious DB. It just stays the same and in the same spot.

Sucks about the 13 hour DL but the way I feel about it is, the longer it takes, the more likely something will get interupted in the transfer. Really hard to get around that one since your on dialup.

As for quests not working. Did you just rename the folder that you DL to quests? That should of been all you had to do. I think it comes as PEQ_quests and I rename it quests and just move to EQEmu folder. So should be like this,

C:\EQEmu\quests\zonenames

and not this,

C:\EQEmu\quests\quests\zonenames

Next part of quest problem, which I had to, was you had to #reloadpl once in game to get them to respond to hails. I DL the most current Perl compiled emu version and they respond to hails right off the bat now.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...2.zip?download

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Darktanion
Sarnak

Default Okay I understand that but I cannot figure out...

Okay here is a major factor in my fun time lol. I can play the game pretty much I followed Solid's tutorial to the tee. I am up and running. However I have been searching all night to find something on doors. I tried using Spikes tutorial and downloading his files that were not included in Solid's, and alas I am baffled to find that I cannot get the merchant nor the doors_update sql to see if that would fix my problem with doors. I have searched under (Doors, Doors_Updated, Door.sql, etc and cannot find anything current or available to download to fix my duplicate door problem, my door sounds like its opening yet the door remains closed, not all doors are having this problem just a few in each town. Any help would be so appreciated at this point as I cannot go into the dang bank in either Qeynos nor Halas. Thanks very much for you time

OKAY I fixed my door problem and I fixed it on DR3 and below if anyone has duplicate doors and wants to fix them there is no download anywhere in the forums so if you want my fix patch then send me a PV.... LATER ALL

Last edited by Darktanion; 05-07-2005 at 01:21 AM..