Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
tenge911
Fire Beetle

Default 0.7.0 Server Issues

I am very new to this emulator stuff, and am looking for some guidance. I have been lurking in the shadows for about three weeks now reading the posts and trying certain things. I am unable to get this emulator working, everytime I try something new, I get a little farther, or a little farther behind.

Also, I was not sure if this was the right place for this one. Or if the forum about connectivity problems was the correct place.

I have mostly only worked with the 7.0 system that is up. I have downloaded all the files and the instructions. Put them on a CD for safe keeping.

I initially tried this on my machine to do this locally, or at least a machine with a fresh install of Titanium. For me, it did not work.

I tried another machine, but formatted it first. Put on XP, SP2 and thats it.

So here is where I am at...

-I have XP, SP2 installed fresh. Reboot.
- I have followed this page http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...indowsServer70 and this is my step by step account
-I have installed mysql as per the 7.0 instruction page, rebooted
-I have installed mysqlcc as per the 7.0 instruction page, rebooted
-I have installed Perl, then opened ppm, and installed the 3 modules, as per the 7.0 instruction page
-I have installed cavedudes server pack, the 7.0 instruction page says 3.25, but what i was able to download was EQEmuServerPack-3.52
-While installing that, I chose 7.0 Server Files, Source Code, Mini Login, Quests, Cavedudes Database, Third Party Tools, Documentation, Minilogin Client
-I have edited the eqemu_config.xml file to show the Minimal/Recommened Configuration as per this page . . .
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rConfiguration
-I then opened up a runbox and typed --> C:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root eq and hit enter
-I then typed in the now open black mysql window --> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO eq@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'eq' WITH GRANT OPTION and then hit enter
-I then created an account called player with as pass of eq and gave my ip address that i have on the lan, as well as the 250 code.
-I copied the spells_us and spells_en files as directed, however, they were already there.
-I have extracted the Map files to here . . C:\EQEMU\maps ( there are 262 files in here )
-I copied the two dlls as requested to the system32 folder on the server
-I then double click the Run EQEMU shortcut on my desktop.
-3 Black Dos boxes open up;
--c:\EQEmuWorld.exe opens and displays three lines

--- {Status} Using database eq at localhost:3306
--- {Status} EMuShareMem loaded
--- {Status} Loading Items from database: count = 54535

--0: sleeping
---loading server config
---starting main loop . . .
---and then it basically starts 5 dynamic zones at 20000 ms intervals

--0 Server(s), 0 Client(s) Connected
---{Status} loading opcodes
---server mode: MiniLogin
---Login server listening on port:5999

At that point, I edit the eqhosts.txt file on my titanium install. I point it to the adress of the sever machine. I can login with mini/mini or with player/eq no problem. But there are no servers availible for me to chose from.

I originally wanted to do this through a router and have it online as I have hosted WoW and think this is a much better game. I figured the best way to start learning this is Lan based Minilogin. So this is where I am starting to prove this works.

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Also, it should be noted that when I connect with a client, in the 0 Servers, 0 Clients Connected box, I can see a connction sayiing ...
New Client from ip:10.1.35.32 port : 2312

Last edited by tenge911; 09-28-2006 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-28-2006, 04:39 AM
vales
Discordant

Might want to post your config files. :p
Old 09-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Magefeu
Sarnak

If I understood correclty you are using a minilogin server...
You have to specify 127.0.0.1 as minilogin_ip in your client.
And of course run the client on the same computer as the server...

I don't know if it's clear for you
Old 09-28-2006, 04:48 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

(waves a fire exstiguisher around)

ok seriously.. I have been all through the wikki... where in plain english does it explain how to setup a public server as aopposed to a minilogin?!?!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=LoginType
Old 09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon
(waves a fire exstiguisher around)
This is an example of someone who did a lot of work on there own and wont be flaimed, I protect these people. Its the people who come here and didnt read a thing that get flaimed.

"do I need Titanium?"
"can I host a server?"
"ok I have the EQ2 client now what?"

those people need to RTFM before posting, and nothing you say will change that.

/on topic

As stated above it looks like an issue with the IP you set, post your config files and XXX out any passwords.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Blacksabbath
Fire Beetle

Default Same problem with server select

Hey, I too am having the same problem as the original poster, with the server select screen not showing up anything once the server is up and running.

It loads all 5 starter zones, shows IP connection in the server/client dos box, but the server select in-game is empty (none).

Using the exact same items as the original poster, here are my config files:

eqhost.txt
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999
loginserver.ini
Code:
###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=EQEmu
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999
eqemu_config.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
        <world>
                <shortname>EQEmu</shortname>
                <longname>EQEmulator</longname>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
                <key>some long random string</key>
        </world>
</server>
Any help would be appreciated. This is the last hurdle of getting the entire system running.
Thanks ahead of time.

Blacksabbath
Old 10-01-2006, 01:07 PM
vales
Discordant

Did you guys forward the right ports for the server by any chance?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Blacksabbath
Fire Beetle

Gosh, now I am going to look completely goofy. I have no idea how to 'forward the ports'.

I've tried changing the server name, and the server abreviation, thinking perhaps that was the problem. Didn't help. I've been searching the forums on and off for hours, trying to find the answer.

I did read that you have to 'register' the server, or you can use the minilogin. We have been trying to do the minilogin. I believe we have it all set up properly. My husband was helping me most of the day, but he has deserted me for the TV. He got frustrated. I'm determined though.

It's so strange. It shows my connection attempt in the dos box. Yet, when I login, it doesn't show anything on the select screen. And there is no hesitation. Strange thing is, I can type in anything in the login and password field and it does the exact same thing. So that makes me think that maybe the client is not seeing the server....instead of there being a issue on the server side.

Blacksabbath
Old 10-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Magefeu
Sarnak

Default Port Forwarding

The way to do a port forwarding depends on the router you are using.

But basicaly you should have a page in your router configuration called NAT or DMZ or NAT/DENAT...

1st put a fixed IP address for the computer hosting the server ie (192.168.1.1)
2nd In the NAT table put the 5999 port as extrenal port and set 192.168.1.1 as local machine and 5999 UDP as internal port.
3rd Same manipulation with TCP... It should do the trick...

OR

Create a firewall rule to let every request between port 5999 and 8000 to come through (Not recommanded).
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

To set up a minilogin config to start try this.

MiniLoginConfig
Old 10-02-2006, 06:08 AM
tenge911
Fire Beetle

thanks for the help everyone, i appreciate the help that some have provided

i will go through and again attempt this

and will then try the public server configuration, as that is my ultimate goal
Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

IMO, it was easier to set up the public server than the minilogin.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:03 AM
tenge911
Fire Beetle

OK, here is what I have done. I have switched gears to get this to work as a Public server.

- got a new machine, formatted it, installed XPsp2
- installed Mysql as per 0.7.0
- installed Mysqlllc as per 0.7.0
- installed Perl, and the thee modules, as per 0.7.0
- i did NOT edit the eqemu_config.xml - i left if at the default
- as for finishing touches, i did the following
--> start, run, C:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root peq <and hit enter>
--> the i entered GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO eq@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'eq' WITH GRANT OPTION; <and hit enter> followed by exit
- i went into mysqlllc, went into accounts, chose insert a record, added a user named test, with a pass of test, with a status of 250, i lef the ip part blank since this is to be a Public server
- maps are extracted to c:\EQEmu\maps\
- the spells_us and spells_en are in the C:\EQEmu\ folder
- the MSVCP71.dll and MSVCR71.dll are in c:\windows\system32

I have rebooted the unit after all of this configuration just to be safe.

Once rebooted, I started the Run EQEmu shortcut on the desktop. Two blank dos windows open.
1-C:\EQEmu\World.exe it says Using database 'eq' at local host : 3306
EMuShareMem loaded and Loading items from database: count = 54535
2- 0: sleeping this one has the starting logs stuff, loading server config, main loop, and connected to world 127.0.0.1:9000
plus then it gets into starting dynamic_01 to 5, gives launcher_errors 5 times, then starts each dynamic_0X starting at 1 to 5

- i went into my router and did a static port map on tcp 9000 for the outside world to get to the inside server address 192.168.1.71
-from an external host, i am able to telnet on port 9000 to the legal ip address of the router, and it gets passed through to the EQEMU
- I know this becuase it asks me to log in, i login using the password and username of test and test and it gives me the following EQ commands . . .

test> ??

whoami
who
zonestatus
uptime [zoneID#]
emote [zonename or charname or wor
echo [on/off]
acceptmessages [on/off]
tell [name] [message]
broadcast [message]
gmsay [message]
ooc [message]
kick [charname]
lock/unlock
zoneshutdown [zonename or ZoneServ
zonebootup [ZoneServerID] [zonenam
zonelock[list|lock|unlock] [zonen
flag [status] [accountname]
setpass [accountname] [newpass]
version
worldshutdown
IPLookup [name]
test>

-On the PC that is external, Titanium is installed an patched up to current. I have then edited the eqhost.tx file to point to the legal ip address of the router that is hiding this server. And have the port at 9000.

- When i try to connect to the EQ Server, it just times out. It says unable to connect. On the server though, the world.exe crashes.

- i purposely did not edit the xml file as I am now a victum of info overload so was hoping for guidance and am not being lazy, just would like some help

- I noticed also there is no logonserver.ini when you choose public like there was in minilogon, i saw a post on this saying that it is no longer needed after 6.x or something

-anyway, what do you need from me in order to get this off the ground as a public server ? i appreciate your time

i think i a very close !!!

Last edited by tenge911; 10-03-2006 at 01:21 PM..
Old 10-03-2006, 05:18 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
- i purposely did not edit the xml file as I am now a victum of info overload so was hoping for guidance and am not being lazy, just would like some help
Well it wont work without changing this, the defaults do not work you need to edit this.

There is 3 entries in the wiki on how to do this.