Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Magefeu
Sarnak

Smile Stand Alone Server : Need some help

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help that I won't find in the wiki or any forum thread...

I've been playing EQ for many years (from start till GOD), I've heard many players complaining about the lack of "Solo" content.

I've decided to create some kind of solo EverQuest game. It would be based on a Minilogin server. For the rest everything would be custom. Of course some quests will come out of the original version but I would like to add some quests, items, spells ect...

What I need is not the way to perform those changes but motivated people that would help me creating this world.

These were my 2cp... feel free to answer...
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think that's a great idea, Magefeu. I had planned to make some custom quests for my server along the lines of EQ2's level 20+ class armor quests. Not necessarily soloable entirely, but mostly. I don't know if you play EQ2, but their quest system kicks the crap out of EQLive. Huge, detailed, fun, and individuals/duo teams can do lots of it.

I can share any quests I write for my own world when I get around to it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Magefeu
Sarnak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I think that's a great idea, Magefeu. I had planned to make some custom quests for my server along the lines of EQ2's level 20+ class armor quests. Not necessarily soloable entirely, but mostly. I don't know if you play EQ2, but their quest system kicks the crap out of EQLive. Huge, detailed, fun, and individuals/duo teams can do lots of it.

I can share any quests I write for my own world when I get around to it.
I quit playing EQII some month ago... and yes thier quest system is awesome compared to eqlive ... but there might be a way to include this in the live part...
I've seen several skins with quest fully described. With some code it should be possible to edit the text file and add all the quest details or at least the last words... but that's far away from my primary goal.

I would gladly share your work... however I don't know if they will fit in the world but we can discuss this in PM or on the appropriate web site... (don't want to spam or mattmeck will kick my ass to blue ...
Old 10-13-2006, 05:57 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magefeu
but we can discuss this in PM or on the appropriate web site... (don't want to spam or mattmeck will kick my ass to blue ...
This is what the quest section of this forum is for =)
Old 10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think Matt was rather gentle.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I think Matt was rather gentle.
Cuz he's EXCITED about S2K coming back :P
Old 10-14-2006, 05:17 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I would welcome seeing S2K back. I played only a small amount on it..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid
Cuz he's EXCITED about S2K coming back :P

No, im just not the ass everyone says I am, quests can be talked about in the quest section, any quests at all, so why would I tell them they cant?