Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:09 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Default Error Trying to Compile.

First thing, I would just like to say thank you for the great new release of the emulator. I have downloaded the binaries and everything is running great so far.

Now I have downloaded the newest version of the Source from the download page and I am getting a few errors when trying to compile it.

I am getting these errors when I try to compile world
Code:
Error	1	fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HttpdSocket.h': No such file or directory	e:\eqemu_source\eqemu-0.6.5\world\eqwhttphandler.h	21	
Error	2	fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HttpdSocket.h': No such file or directory	e:\eqemu_source\eqemu-0.6.5\world\eqwhttphandler.h	21	
Error	3	fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HttpdSocket.h': No such file or directory	e:\eqemu_source\eqemu-0.6.5\world\eqwhttphandler.h	21	
Error	4	error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\build\world\debug\EQWHTTPHandler.sbr': No such file or directory	BSCMAKE
I am getting these errors when I try to compile Zone.
Code:
Error	5	fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\common\.cpp': No such file or directory	c1xx	
Error	6	error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\build\zone\debug\.sbr': No such file or directory	BSCMAKE
I have tried using both Visual Studio 2003 Professional and Visual Studio 2005 Professional. The error message above came from Visual Studio 2005. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Im using VC++6.0...
zone seems to be building but world is giving this error..
--------------------Configuration: World - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
perl_EQDBRes.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\C++Projects\EQEmu-0.6.5\common\perl_EQDBRes.cpp(56) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
(compiler file 'E:\8168\vc98\p2\src\P2\main.c', line 494)
Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Error executing cl.exe.

World.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Anyone getting that?? Might be my "version" of C++ too...
Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 AM
sesmar

Ok, I have now tried compiling with Visual C++ 6.0 as well. Using VC++ 6.0 I can get Zone and EMuShareMem to both compile but I get the same error as Dr Zauis on World.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmar
Ok, I have now tried compiling with Visual C++ 6.0 as well. Using VC++ 6.0 I can get Zone and EMuShareMem to both compile but I get the same error as Dr Zauis on World.
Whew! Im glad its not just me..You see..Im missing a .dll file in my VC++6.0 file..I just continue without it..LOL..Also I have no help files so Im a complete noob flying blind right now..Im in deep crap right now with this 6.5 version. Wasnt it only yesterday I discovered equmu?? There is so much I dont know and now there is more! LOL...But its all great fun to me..So thanks to everyone just for being interested in this crap! LOL
Old 03-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Doodman
Developer

Make sure that ..\common\SocketLib is in the include search path in your project.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:48 AM
sesmar

I added ..\Common\SockectLib to the include list and in VC 6.0 I am still getting the same error.

In Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 however I am no longer getting the error about not finding HttpdSocket.h now I am getting these errors

Code:
c:\Documents and Settings\csims\Desktop\MISC\EQEmu-0.6.5-03\common\SocketLib\Socket.h(485): error C2079: 'Socket::m_client_remote_addr6' uses undefined struct 'in6_addr'
c:\Documents and Settings\csims\Desktop\MISC\EQEmu-0.6.5-03\common\SocketLib\SocketHandler.h(186): error C2079: 'SocketHandler::m_local_ip6' uses undefined struct 'in6_addr'
c:\Documents and Settings\csims\Desktop\MISC\EQEmu-0.6.5-03\world\EQWHTTPHandler.cpp(266): warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list
c:\Documents and Settings\csims\Desktop\MISC\EQEmu-0.6.5-03\common\SocketLib\Socket.h(485): error C2079: 'Socket::m_client_remote_addr6' uses undefined struct 'in6_addr'
c:\Documents and Settings\csims\Desktop\MISC\EQEmu-0.6.5-03\common\SocketLib\SocketHandler.h(186): error C2079: 'SocketHandler::m_local_ip6' uses undefined struct 'in6_addr'
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

Generally those internal compiler errors are caused by precompiled headers... in settings -> C++ -> precompiled headers (or something), set it to "not using precompiled headers".

As for those socket build errors... it sounds like IPPROTO_IPV6 got defined somehow (I dont see it anywhere however..)... so try to find that and delete it. If you cant, you can try putting a #undef IPPROTO_IPV6 at the top of files which are erroring... Also, you prolly want to make sure HAVE_OPENSSL is not defined by the project either (might need to remove libeay32.lib ssleay32.lib from your link settings too).
Old 03-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
Generally those internal compiler errors are caused by precompiled headers... in settings -> C++ -> precompiled headers (or something), set it to "not using precompiled headers".
POOh! It was already checked to not use precompiled headers..I guess Im not going to do anything with 6.5 yet then..I tryed 6.4 last night ans as I suspected I have many differnces in my DB. So Im gonna work on learning sql for awhile. I know so very little about all of this stuff...
Old 04-01-2006, 02:19 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I believe I am having a similiar problem while attempting to compile 0.6.6-754 under VS Studio 2005 on Windows XP. I can get EMUSHAREMEM and ZONE to compile, but world is kicking back the following:

Error 61 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Close(void)" (?Close@BaseTCPServer@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EQWHTTPServer::Stop(void)" (?Stop@EQWHTTPServer@@QAEXXZ) EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 62 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Close(void)" (?Close@BaseTCPServer@@QAEXXZ) net.obj
Error 63 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Open(unsigned short,char *)" (?Open@BaseTCPServer@@QAE_NGPAD@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall EQWHTTPServer::Start(unsigned short,char const *)" (?Start@EQWHTTPServer@@QAE_NGPBD@Z) EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 64 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Open(unsigned short,char *)" (?Open@BaseTCPServer@@QAE_NGPAD@Z) net.obj
Error 65 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall BaseTCPServer::~BaseTCPServer(void)" (??1BaseTCPServer@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function __unwindfunclet$??0?$TCPServer@VEQWHTTPHandler@@@@ QAE@G@Z$0 EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 66 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall BaseTCPServer::~BaseTCPServer(void)" (??1BaseTCPServer@@UAE@XZ) net.obj
Error 67 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall BaseTCPServer::BaseTCPServer(unsigned short)" (??0BaseTCPServer@@QAE@G@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall TCPServer<class EQWHTTPHandler>::TCPServer<class EQWHTTPHandler>(unsigned short)" (??0?$TCPServer@VEQWHTTPHandler@@@@QAE@G@Z) EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 68 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::StopLoopAndWait(void)" (?StopLoopAndWait@BaseTCPServer@@IAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall TCPServer<class EQWHTTPHandler>::~TCPServer<class EQWHTTPHandler>(void)" (??1?$TCPServer@VEQWHTTPHandler@@@@UAE@XZ) EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 69 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::StopLoopAndWait(void)" (?StopLoopAndWait@BaseTCPServer@@IAEXXZ) net.obj
Error 70 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Process(void)" (?Process@BaseTCPServer@@MAEXXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall TCPServer<class EQWHTTPHandler>::Process(void)" (?Process@?$TCPServer@VEQWHTTPHandler@@@@MAEXXZ) EQWHTTPHandler.obj
Error 71 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall BaseTCPServer::Process(void)" (?Process@BaseTCPServer@@MAEXXZ) net.obj
Error 72 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class ServerPacket * __thiscall EmuTCPConnection::PopPacket(void)" (?PopPacket@EmuTCPConnection@@QAEPAVServerPacket@@ XZ) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall LauncherLink::Process(void)" (?Process@LauncherLink@@QAE_NXZ) LauncherLink.obj
Error 73 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class ServerPacket * __thiscall EmuTCPConnection::PopPacket(void)" (?PopPacket@EmuTCPConnection@@QAEPAVServerPacket@@ XZ) LoginServer.obj
Error 74 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class ServerPacket * __thiscall EmuTCPConnection::PopPacket(void)" (?PopPacket@EmuTCPConnection@@QAEPAVServerPacket@@ XZ) zoneserver.obj
Error 75 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall EmuTCPConnection::EmuTCPConnection(bool,class EmuTCPServer *,enum EmuTCPConnection::eTCPMode)" (??0EmuTCPConnection@@QAE@_NPAVEmuTCPServer@@W4eTC PMode@0@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall LoginServer::LoginServer(char const *,unsigned short)" (??0LoginServer@@QAE@PBDG@Z) LoginServer.obj
Error 76 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall EmuTCPServer::EmuTCPServer(unsigned short,bool)" (??0EmuTCPServer@@QAE@G_N@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'tcps''(void)" (??__Etcps@@YAXXZ) net.obj
Error 77 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall EmuTCPServer::~EmuTCPServer(void)" (??1EmuTCPServer@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic atexit destructor for 'tcps''(void)" (??__Ftcps@@YAXXZ) net.obj
Error 78 fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals ../build/WorldDebug.exe

I have added ./common/socketlib to my include path. Anyone have a solution?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:35 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...Errors#compile
Old 04-02-2006, 03:36 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Thank you for the reply Fathernitwit. I have a good compile now.