Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:37 AM
CrusaderZoG
Fire Beetle

Default Whatever I do I cannot log in.

I installed Everquest, I didn't patch it. I did everything that i was suppose to and I log in and enter my username and password and it cannot connect. I'm really stumped.

I followed the directions to the letter and this happens. I don't know what to do to be honest.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
mattmeck

What exactly did you do, and what error do you get?

And you installed Titanium, not trilogy or any other disk set?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Sabyre
Sarnak

You change your eqhost.txt file? You have a firewall or router?
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams" - Willy Wonka
Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Hey everyone,

I am having the same issues however please read:

I was playing eqemu just fine but I got a virus ect...which messed up my system quite a bit so I decided to just wipe it clean and reinstall xp. I have installed everything and done everything the same way. When I login and get to the server choices...none of them will work. I will click on any of them and it just freezes and then few seconds later it knocks me back to the login screen. Any ideas to whats wrong? I told windows firewall to allow this to run...I am connected through a linksys router but it worked last time just fine...so what gives?

any ideas guys?

Thanks!

::rayman::
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Knoxx117
Fire Beetle

Hi,
I got the same prob as rayman121985 some servers will even let me get to make a char just when i go to enter world it kicks back to login screen any ideas i would really like to play agian i left eq when WR got the sack =(

Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 04:53 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Yea I can't even log in to the character screen on servers. I wish I wouldn't have restored my computer! I have a wild blue connection for internet but it worked fine before this...any ideas gang?

Old 03-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Knoxx117
Fire Beetle

Default Fixed it

All i did was take off winxp and download windows vista lite from a torrent and burned the iso installed a freash copy of vista installed updated drivers and it works fine now i can login any server that allows it lol

anyone know when the scropius2k server will be back?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:52 PM
rayman121985
Sarnak

What updated drivers are you talking about? I might have to throw in vista...and update whatever you did.

Thanks...

Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
bigmike3370
Fire Beetle

Default same thing

I am having the same problem as CrusaderZoG. I get to the login screen and enter my usr name and pass. then I get a message that I am not connected to the net or the servers are down. I have disabled my Fire Wall and even gone as far as uninstalling my anti virse. This is a brand new install of Titanium.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:33 AM
ghend
Fire Beetle

i came back from work yesterday and started getting this problem even though the install has been working absolutley fine for about 7 months, did a sys restore just the same, seems like a server problem to me.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Theeper
Discordant

How can it be a server problem when you aren't even connected to a server ?
Old 04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
ghend
Fire Beetle

because i haven't changed a thing on my end, and since the 2nd when this problem occured for me, i've read that other people started getting it, and by server problem i mean login server, not an eq server.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Theeper
Discordant

I used the LS every night for the last few nights and haven't had any problems myself. There were hundreds of other people logged in as well.

Despite the fact that you didn't change anything, something must have gotten changed.

Are you positive ..

Your eqhost file is proper ?
You're using the correct LS account UN/PW ?
Your firewall/router isn't blocking traffic ?

No offense, but I haven't seen one post about login server problems since April 2nd.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:36 PM
AndyRedran
Fire Beetle

I have also been unable to log in. I get the "user name or password were not valid" error. I followed the guide exactly, fresh install of Everquest Titanium, no update; my eqhost.txt file reads:

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
And the target of the shortcut on my desktop reads:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
So unless there are typos in the guide I have done everything correctly. I doubt that though because a friend of mine who joined a little before I did was able to log in, no problem. No idea what's going on

(Probably not important, but I'm running Windows XP SP2. I've tried turning off windows firewall as well if that matters, no change in the situation)
Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
AndyRedran
Fire Beetle

Default Fixed

Possibly a solution!

I can log in now. For some reason changing the password appears to have fixed it; however, I'm not sure why that is, since earlier today I tried changing the password and it was still not letting me log in. The only notable difference now is that, my original password was nine characters long, and the first time I changed it I made it ten characters long; the second time (this time that it worked) I changed it to only six characters long. Now it works Could it be the length of my password or possibly just changing it again got it to 'kick in', so to speak? Oh well, at least it works now For anyone (like the original poster) who is experiencing the same problem as I was, try just changing your password a few times, hopefully it'll work for you too.