Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default HOWTO: Login Account Activation

UPDATED October 15th 2004

1. If you dont have a forum account, you must register one. After you register a forum account, you will still need to register a login server account if you want to login to any of the servers.

2. Login to your forum account and click the profile link from the top forum menu. On the profile page, under your username you will find a unique key. That key will be needed to activate a new login server account.

3. Change the server addresses in your eqhost.txt file to whichever version your trying to connect to (this is dependant on your eq client version, you cannot play on an old version without that specific client). HINT: If you have no idea what version your trying to connect to, use the highest version listed. You can find the list here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17307

4. Go to the following website where you will activate a new account: http://www.eqemulator.net/eqaccount.php

5. After your account is created, you will be able to login and play everquest as normal. You can only have 3 login server accounts associated with your forum account. If you want more than that, you will need to register another forum account.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:05 AM
xgrantheftx
Fire Beetle

Ok, firstly: I cannot find the key you mention, i looked where you said, but its not there, unless i looked in wrong place. Secondly: I have no idea where to get the emulator from, which one to download, how to install it, or set any of it up. Thirdly: one reason being is it wont let me see most of the totorial links i click on, it gives this error: "HTTP 404 Not Found". Please help me out if you can, all i want to do is play on someone elses server, i do not want to start my own. Thanks a bunch!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:16 AM
Ximenia-x
Fire Beetle

Default Hmmm...

I am having a problem with my account. Once I go to the Profile section of the screen and I scroll down it says "Login Server Activation Key" and then it doesn't say anything on it. I was searching for a solution and then I found the.....Server Login part of the website. THERE it says to create an account...I'm creating my account and when I try to log it in it says

Incorrect Password/Username....

I do know that I have the correct eqhost because I tried an older account and it has worked, and I didn't patch after the date not to...And when I click on the link after I made my account... "Back to the LS screen" and then I see my account username with parenthases right next to it having a number in which I have no clue what that is for! Of course I looked it up but none of the links work, and the guide I found doesnt work since it was made a while ago....

sincerely
xim-x
Old 03-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/faq...q_eqemuplayfaq
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Need to change this page and correct link : http://www.eqemulator.net/main.php
i'm right ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Ecliptica
Fire Beetle

I made an LS account but i cant connect to a game with it. Whats up with that?

Last edited by Ecliptica; 03-21-2005 at 10:06 PM..