Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Uxt
Fire Beetle

Default Trying to get "Idle" animation/pose

Greetings, been playing EQ for many years, and I've been trying my hardest to export animations of models through many various means (ZoneConverter, EQ Model Viewer, PovImport, S3DSpy which doesn't work), but the best I can do is be able to export basic models splayed out in their usual "you make me move" pose.

To get a sense of what I'm trying to accomplish, using Delphi Zone Converter 1.2, looking into chequip and viewing HUM_ACTORDEF and selecting P01. Now I can save that in *.3mf, but danged if I can find anything that imports that type of file! I have 3DS Max 2010, Blender, and Bryce 7.1 (Bryce claims it can, but nothing happens)... it mystifies me. My ultimate goal is to get a 3D rendering of a human male (my first goal was a Qeynos Guard, but they're more or less the same without textures) and possibly get it printed.

Looking back into the forum's history, I've seen great accomplishments and attempts at exporting these animations, one notably from someone on YT showing hundreds of gnolls using their attack animation (can't find link, darnit), and the EQBrowser is just freaking amazing, though I can tell a lot of actions done there seem to be customized effort. But still, spot on! Love running about EC and Chuck-Norrising.

Here's what I mean in pictured form:

My ultimate reason for wanting to do this is a BAWWW personal story that I'll spare you all.

I have no experience in drafting, coding, whatever... but just looking into the threads here is a ton of brain training. George's Tools are just awesome, but S3DSpy refuses to work (Linux only?). If I have to export the human model without bones and such, I guess I'll just try to learn how to pose him correctly by learning, but I'm just trying to make sure there isn't already a method to save the time. And of course, there might be a "Sony no like, Sony smash" reason.

Oh, and with the other tools, I can finally get a bird's eye view of Qeynos. I plan on making a model (3 feet by... however long?) of the entire city. But that's another story, another dream. lol

Any advice or help appreciated.