Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Jest
Fire Beetle

I was wondering if there was a way to set the way group experience works. I remember on live if you had 3 people in your group, you got +20% exp, though divided by 3. Full group was +80% I think.
Incremental group bonus experience, is that possible or already built in?

I'd like to have something that promoted people grouping up together in 5 or 6 instead of just having their alt account running around for the bonus.

Also just curious, how does level difference affect the experience being divided up in a group on peq? Also is there a way to increase the level range of being able to group and gain experience?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

It's already built into the peq database under the variables table. GroupEXPModifier or something along those lines, :P
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Jest
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I am not sure how that multiplier works exactly. If you have 2 people in the group, 4x modifier for group, then I'd assume it would be like 2x solo? Then with 4 people it would be like 1x solo? On some servers it seems like if you have 4 people in your group, you get even more experience than with 2 people killing the exact same mob. Others it seems to decrease with additional members.

On live is was slightly different, with there being a growing experience bonus per additional groupmate, though still decreasing experience gained per kill per person even with a full group and solo always providing the highest experience per kill.