Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
helman
Sarnak

Default New Server and looking for help.

Hi I'm starting my own server. Thinking about calling it The Legends Of Cats. XDD Its a wip. The help I'm looking for is someone to host the server for me. (I can't port foreword my router, manly cause its my landlords and he has it locked. Even if it was mine my dad won't let me do it XDD.) And people to help me Dev the server. Right now i'm kind of doing this all on my own. With some help from the forum.(it took me ALL day just to add one merchant to my hub zone. So some help would me nice.) I'ma list some things I want to do. and update this if anything gets done or if in idea is shot down or undo-able.

Story progression, cut down into episodes and chapters. in the following pattern. Chapter 1 epis1 epis2 epis3 epis4 epis5=Miniboss epis6 epis7 epis8 epis9 final epis=Hard maybe even raid Boss Chapter 2. Then repeat.

I plan for the story to use all or most of the zones. Maybe even use the lore from some zones to build a side quest them.

Epics done in a form of Tears like t1 1.0 and t1 2.0 have 100 hp but t10 will have like 1k or so hp. To tear up your epic up need to do a quest at some point eater a side quest or tear epic quests. idk atm how i'm going to do it.

Basic gear and T1 epics buy-able from merchants.

Grindable zones for thos that do not want to do the story.

Raid zones. How strong I make the mobs depends on how popular my server gets. so if I only have about 15 players the raid mobs will be 1 group-able. But if I get 50 to 60 it will be around 2 to 3 group raids. Or something around that.

I do want some active GMs.

Thats all I can come up with atm.

For thos that want to help but don't want to host or be a dev you can help me here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34718 or you can help by making me a website for my server. I have to skills in that XDD.

But for thos that want to help me dev or host the server. you can PM me or e-mail me at omgcats2@hotmail.com OR you can skype me. Skype id omgcats2.
OH did I mention that thos that help me in some way will be selected for beta testing. I only want to allow up to 25 beta testers. (so I or the other devs do get flooded with Bug reports) please tell me what you guys think.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Why not create a World Server account here and have it hosted on EQemu? It's much simpler.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I think he is saying hosted, as meaning the whole thing. The whole shooting match, server, os, install, bandwidth.....all the work.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 PM
helman
Sarnak

No hosting in well making it so others can play on it. I can't cause to do so you need to port foreword which I can not do. As I don't own the router nor have access to it. And so even if I use the world Server and host it on EQemu no one will be able to log in, but me and other on the same LAN.

So if anyone wants to be nice and do the hosting for me Let me know. Its not that I'm lazy or don't have internet its just that I can't port foreword. If I could I would not be asking someone to do the hosting for me. Plane and simple.

(note: I hope that didn't come off mean.)
Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 PM
provocating
Demi-God

So you have a physical server, meaning the hardware ? And you need someone else to host it on their LAN ?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
helman
Sarnak

Hardware meaning the ability to edit the Database and all that then yeah. i'm trying to get npcs i added in my hub to talk. its not going so well atm