Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Yuri
Fire Beetle

Default EQEMU Server Launcher

Well... i got tired of seeing eqlaunch on my taskbar, since nowdays world tells me all the same information, so i decided to write this
It should make things easy for newbies as well.
Basically it replaces the batch file most people are using to start their servers up.
It is a server launcher (for those running windows servers), capable of clearing logfiles, minimizing/maximizing/and hiding any window. (world/chat/eqlaunch zones) all of which are customizable.
Easy hotkey shutdown! shuts down the entire server at once. checks the world log file to see when its entirely loaded and starts the zones directly after. No more waiting or pausing!
Capable of launching dynamic as well as static zones.
Written in autoit 3.3.0.0, I've included the source script for anyone who would like to make improvements, as well as a binary so people don't have to compile it.
Just put the eqemulauncher.exe file in your eqemu server directory and launch it
It will create an ini file for itself for settings, named: EQEMULauncher.ini
Edit the ini file to change settings
Default shutdown hotkey is shift-alt-s

Next task is going to be a client launcher, with random loading screens, and custom music support

Here's the source script:
ftp://lasersquidnemesis.no-ip.org/ft...MULauncher.au3
and here's the binary:
ftp://lasersquidnemesis.no-ip.org/ft...MULauncher.exe

any feedback would be nice, but not necessary