Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Looks like one of the final pieces needed to get the best spell heal casting performance out of your healer bots is we will need to create a "default bot class" spell list for bots to use instead of re-using the "default class" spell lists. I've done some analysis of my word database from PEQ and I've found that there are a lot of spells that are inappropriate for an NPC to cast that have been left out of the spells lists, but are needed for bots. Once such example is the healing spells a level 65 cleric bot has to select from. At level 65 and using the PEQ world database, a bot cleric has only 2 healing spells to select from.. a Heal over time spell and Complete Heal. If you look at the bot ai spell casting logic, you'll see that this creates a significant gap in the healing logic. I'm a little surprised the bots are keeping tanks alive as well as they are, even! For now, you can create your own spell lists for bots to get around this issue until Gaeorn and I can come up with a new sql script file to install a stock default bot class spell list set.

If anyone come creates any 100% complete class spell lists that bots can use, please submit the SQL insert commands to me. Creating these spell lists is a large tedious task so any help with it is appreciated.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!