Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:38 PM
ichijin
Sarnak

Default 0.6.2 w/Minilogin.

Hey all. Got everything up and running (thanks a ton to Tallerin for the guide), but it seems no matter which account I log in on, they all have the same characters. Is there something I am overlooking that will keep the accounts seperated like they should be? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

i believe with mini login your accounts go by the ip addy you added in for that account so if you make 2 different logins and pass but both with same ip 127.0.0.1 you loggin into the same account. i know i can login to my server with two different logins and pass and get same characters. might be able to make one account useing 127.0.0.1 and the other useing your real ip addy but not sure. if i'm wrong someone will correct me.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:20 PM
ichijin
Sarnak

Was good advice, but no dice. I think it matters what your IP is from where you login. (Both of these computers are on my network, and connecting to the external IP since its available from outside, so it considers them both from the same IP). Havent tried one from outside to verify this yet, but that seems to me how it is. I have created 5 diff accounts (2 from my external IP since thats where we both connect from, one from 127.0.0.1, one from my lan IP, and one from a randomly entered IP) Connecting to my server from any machine on this network gives the same account (or at least accesses the same account).
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM
rojadruid2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichijin
Was good advice, but no dice. I think it matters what your IP is from where you login. (Both of these computers are on my network, and connecting to the external IP since its available from outside, so it considers them both from the same IP). Havent tried one from outside to verify this yet, but that seems to me how it is. I have created 5 diff accounts (2 from my external IP since thats where we both connect from, one from 127.0.0.1, one from my lan IP, and one from a randomly entered IP) Connecting to my server from any machine on this network gives the same account (or at least accesses the same account).

If you are running windows add this to the last line of your hosts file.

INTERNAL_IP SERVER_COMPUTERS_HOSTNAME

Mind you I am running a public server but this is what I have to do so the server could tell the different computers appart.
You will need to do this on all the computers.

Heres what mine looks like
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.100 game.242.ca